Endowed Employee Orientation
New Library Employees will receive the following:
1. Email with a link to a New Employee Orientation presentation.
2. Library Human Resources will follow up with supervisors to be sure they are orienting their new staff on any other computer related training that is needed.
3. Each new employee will be scheduled for a brief meeting with Lyndsi Prignon in Library Human Resources. During this meeting
a. Lyndsi will meet the individual, and provide them a welcome coupon for Libe Café.
b. Check to see if the new employee has any questions about the Orientation Presentation
c. Give them a brief overview of Kronos if they are non-exempt, OR show them the vacation/sick leave accrual system for exempt staff.
d. Inform them of the Library tours and strongly encourage them to attend. Tell them that the tours are a great way to learn about the other libraries and meet the other staff.
e. Show them a brief overview of the Library HR website. Highlight the forms and the training opportunities that are available. Also show them the Library Gateway and encourage them to look at other department/unit websites.
4. The HR Director will schedule a follow up meeting with new academics after approximately three months of employment.
5. If the employee is being hired into a supervisory role, Library Human Resources will evaluate his/her supervisory experience level. If needed, we will sign up the individual for the OHR New Supervisor Orientation Certificate Program.