Middle East &
Islamic Studies Collection
Academic & Scholarly
East Virtual Library - MENALIB : JournalTocs FREE access to new tables of content from 14,228 journals collected from top publishers that you can access and have delivered to you, users, friends, via RSS as soon as they hit the database. You can also save the tables of content to your folder an access them on the web. The service includes number of publishers with Middle East related journals such as Brill, Taylor & Francis, Intellect and various university presses.
- A to Z Guide to Afghanistan Assistance 2011 - Ninth Edition
Termpapers (term papers on Arabs, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Palestine,
Islam, oil, etc. Academic Termpapers Catalog)
- Access to Mideast and Islamic Resources (AMIR) "This project began as a consequence of a series of conversations in 2010 between Charles Jones and Peter Magierski at NYU about the need for a tool to assemble and distribute information on open access material relating to the Middle East. This blog includes a continuously updated list of open access journals in Middle Eastern studies." Description based on post dated: Jan. 19, 2011.
- ACKU bulletin. Afghanistan Centre at Kabul Universtiy. Publisher: Kabul : Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University, 2006-
- al-Âdâb - Thematical archive 1953 نشأت
- Ādāb al-Baṣrah اداب البصرة Baṣrah : Wizārat al-Taʻlīm al-ʻĀlī wa-al-Baḥth al-ʻIlmī : Jāmiʻat al-Baṣrah
- اداب الرافدين - Adab Al Rafidayn
- Publisher: Mosul University - Faculty: Arts - Language: Arabic and English
- AFAQ ATHERYA (Archaeological Horizons) أثريةآفاق(Libya)
- Religions/Adyân Religions/Adyân is an annual and bi-lingual (English and Arabic) publication in interfaith studies published by the Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue with an emphasis on interreligious dialogue and the relations between Islam and other faiths.
- Afghanistan Analyst (The goal of The Afghanistan Analyst is to provide an online research portal for scholars, students, journalists, policy-makers, NGO/humanitarian workers, members of the armed forces and others who want to better understand Afghanistan.
Publication: Afghanistan Analyst Bibliography (5th edition, 2010)
- Afghanistan. Recent publications from Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) is an independent research institute based in Kabul. AREU's mission is to inform and influence policy and practice through conducting high-quality, policy-relevant research and actively disseminating the results, and to promote a culture of research and learning.
- Afghanistan in 2011: A Survey of the Afghan People "Findings from The Asia Foundation's seventh survey in Afghanistan - the broadest public opinion poll in the country of 6,348 Afghan citizens across all 34 provinces."
- Afghanistan Research Newsletter
- Afkar (Tunisia)
- Africa: Revue des Études et Recherches préhistoriques, antiques, islamiques et ethnographiques Tunis : Institut national du patrimoine Africa est une revue composée de trois séries. La première est consacrée aux études et aux recherches préhistoriques antiques et islamiques (Africa), la seconde aux études et aux recherches relatives au monde phénico-punique et aux antiquités libyques (Reppal), la troisième est consacrée aux études et aux recherches ethnographiques (C.A.T.P.).
- L'Afrique explorée et civilisée (Consortium of Swiss Academic Libraries)
- Al-Ahram Weekly
- The Anatomy of Egyptian Revolution: From 25th of January to the New Constitution published by SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research
"The “New Egypt” will be shaped to a great extent by a “negotiation” process between the army and the political actors in opposition.
It is likely that Egypt’s transition to democracy will be a long and difficult process."
- AL-ANDALUS = الاندلس مجلة
- Alternatives : Turkish Journal of International Relations is a journal of Yalova University and published by Center for International Conflict Resolution.
- AJESI (Anadolu Journal of Educational Sciences International) an online, international, biannual (January–July), and peer reviewed journal. AJESI aims to serve as an international platform to integrate the contributions of educational scholarship, and publishes original work pertaining to educational theory, practice and research.
- American Association of Teachers of Arabic Newsletter (AATA) aims to facilitate communication and cooperation between teachers of Arabic and to promote study, criticism, research and instruction in the field of Arabic language pedagogy, Arabic linguistics and Arabic literature. The information available here is a sampling of the materials available to AATA members.
- American University of Beirut - ScholarWorks digital repository. ScholarWorks collects and makes available theses, dissertations, and other projects of AUB faculty and graduates.
Browsing is available by author, title, date and subject.
- Annales de Philosophie et des Sciences humaines (USEK)
- Revue Annales du patrimoine = Majallat hawliyyât at-turâth "about the Arab and Islamic cultural patrimony.
- Année du Maghreb, publiée par l’IREMAM, succède en 2004 à l’Annuaire de l’Afrique du Nord.
- Annuaire de l’Afrique du Nord
- Annual Review of Islam in South Africa (ARISA)
Index to Current Periodicals in the Museum of Mankind Library
- APD - The Arabic Papyrology Database
- Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies - Publications. The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies provides critical analysis for policy makers, academics, government officials and the public through its series of publications - Research Papers, Policy Analysis, Case Analysis, the Doha Report, Dossiers, and Book Reviews. The Center publishes in both Arabic and English in order to make its work accessible to both Arab and non-Arab researchers.
- Arab Encyclopedia
- Arab Reform Bulletin published since 2003 by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace has recently changed its name to Sada.
- Arab Social Science
- Arab Studies
Journal, Georgetown University Published by: Centre for Contemporary Islam, Department of Religious Studies, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Arab Thought Forum Annual Reports
- The Arab West Report a weekly digest of translations from the Egyptian press (also in Arabic & on Facebook) The Arab West Report aims to provide objective and independent documentation, reporting, interpretation, analysis, and commentary of cultural, social, and religious issues concerning the Arab world and the West. The objective is to foster greater understanding and tolerance between Arab and Western cultures. AWR believes that this understanding will help reduce tensions - a factor greatly needed to enhance development in the Arab world. Articles and reports in the electronic archive of Arab-West Report cover the period from 1997 until today.
- Arab Women Writers (أديبات عربيات) is a personal website to:
- Celebrate and recognize Arab Women Writers.
- Promote awareness of the breadth of their contributions to Arab & World culture.
- Create a focal point for information related to Arab Women Writers and their work.
- Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) A refereed, peer-reviewed, and open-access e-journal for scholars, researchers, teachers, and officials of the English language in the Arab countries and in the entire world.
- Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review (AJBMR)
- Arabic and Islamic Philosophy (Online at philpapers)
Sciences and Philosophy "... more than 3,000 folktales and related forms make it one of the largest collections of Turkish oral narrative in the world.
Almost all of its holdings were collected by the donors between 1961 and the present."
- “Archive Map” - Speak Memory. Born out of the Speak Memory symposium, the “Archive Map” research project seeks to create a growing database of archival collections and other resources that contain material relevant to the Middle East’s modern and contemporary art history. The “Archive Map” is currently limited to four countries: Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq. These countries have been selected because of their rich modern and contemporary art history and also because of our working relationship with several researchers that have been exploring archival collections in these countries. Lead researchers include Clare Davies for Egypt, Anneka Lenssen for Syria, Sarah Rogers for Lebanon and Saleem Al-Bahloly for Iraq.
Speak Memory offers archival information on maps in the Middle East, namely on Syria, Egypt, Lebanon and Iraq.
- Archive of Turkish Oral Narrative (U-W ATON) = Uysal-Walker Archive of Turkish Oral Narrative - Türk Öykürleri Sandığı "... more than 3,000 folktales and related forms make it one of the largest collections of Turkish oral narrative in the world. Almost all of its holdings were collected by the donors between 1961 and the present."
- Archiv orientální (National Library of the Czech Republic (NL CR))
- Asiatische Studien: Zeitschrift der Schweizerischen Asiengesellschaft = Études asiatiques: revue de la Société Suisse - Asie "The quarterly journal Asiatische Studien / Études Asiatiques is published with the aim of informing the scientific community as well as the general public about academic research on Asian regions and cultures."
Complete accessibility except for the last two volumes. More information on the pages of the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Accessing Muslim Lives "Explore the lives of men and women in the Muslim world – from the sixteenth century to now – through their autobiographical writings. Writings are by Muslims and non-Muslims living in various social, cultural and political contexts. The authors range from scholars, saints and socio-religious reformers to princes, bureaucrats, nationalists, educators, writers and actors. Browse by category, region, time or name. Also access an extensive bibliography of published autobiographical writings from the Muslim world in English or English translation. More about the project..."
- The Afghanistan Express "The Afghanistan Express is an independent, democratic and progressive daily newspaper in Kabul, Afghanistan"
- AKTC Afghanistan Newsletter Newsletters Documenting the Progress of Cultural Revitalisation Projects in Kabul and Herat -
These newsletters document the progress of the revitalisation projects of the Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC), which began the rehabilitation of Bagh-e-Babur, a walled and terraced garden containing the tomb of Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire, in 2002. The programme has expanded to include the 19th-century mausoleum in central Kabul over the grave of Timur Shah and a great number of homes, mosques and other structures in the war-damaged quarters of Asheqan wa Arefan, Chindawol and Kuche Kharabat. In Herat, in western Afghanistan, a range of documentation, conservation and upgrading works has also been carried out since 2005 in surviving historic sections of the old city.
- American Board Pamphlet Collection. The American Board pamphlet collection was incorporated into the ARIT Istanbul (ARIT-I) Library in January 2011. It contains roughly 1000 brochures, booklets, leaflets, flyers, and off-prints that date from the mid-1800s to the present, with close to one-third from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Approximately 85% of the materials focus on the operations, institutions, or affiliate organizations of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions (ABCFM) that were located in Turkey and the Balkans.
The ABCFM was a Protestant mission agency founded in 1810 and chartered by the state of Massachusetts in 1812. It dispatched missionaries around the world for religious ends chiefly, but also to pursue general altruistic labor, including founding schools and medical facilities. Between 1820—when the American Board’s first personnel arrived in Izmir—and the second decade of the twentieth century, the organization established more than 20 mission stations, 50 boarding and high schools, and ten colleges in Anatolia and its surroundings. Unquestionably, the ABCFM was the most significant American presence in the region during this era.
- American Board Periodical Collection. The American Board periodical collection was incorporated into the ARIT Istanbul (ARIT-I) Library in January 2011, when ARIT received the library of the Western Turkey Mission of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions (ABCFM), one of the chief Protestant missionary agencies in the Ottoman Empire in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The core of this collection includes a number of rare serials issued locally by the Board and its affiliates, as well as other American organizations.
Currently, ARIT is digitizing and uploading to the collection two of the most important English-language journals published in Turkey at the beginning of the twentieth century: The Levant Trade Review, issued by the American Chamber of Commerce for Turkey and the Levant from 1911 to 1931, and The Orient, produced by the ABCFM’s Istanbul office between 1910 and 1923. Financial support for this project—to make these crucial historical sources available internationally on the worldwide web—is being provided by a grant from the United States Department of State.
The links below provide access to major periodicals housed in the ARIT Istanbul Library’s American Board collection. Other serials in the Board holdings, especially single-issue items, are included in the American Board Pamphlet Collection.
- “The Messenger for Children”
- Bulletin of the Near East Society
- Samokov News
- The Orient
- The Levant Trade Review
- Arab Educational Information Network (Shamaa) is an online database that documents educational research carried out in Arab countries in all fields of education, in the three languages, Arabic, French and English, providing free access to researchers and those interested in educational research. Shamaa collects educational bibliographic data on books, articles, reports and university dissertations (master's and doctoral) from universities, colleges of education, research centers, publishing houses, journals, ministries and regional and international organizations in the Arab world.
Bibliographic reports and abstracts are then prepared and in some cases full texts are made available."
- Asfar Asfar is a new dynamic initiative designed to inspire, provide a platform and offer a support network to young people, students and graduates specialising in and interested by the Middle East.
Through a quarterly e-journal, News updates, and a Travelers Network, Asfar will work with the next generation of the Middle East's writers, thinkers and photographers to exhibit their abilities to a wide audience including academia, diplomatic and general readership.
Focusing on the history, society, culture, development and politics of the Middle East, the e-journal will introduce new ideas, innovative articles and magnificent images of the Middle East.
- Atalaya sociopolítica de Casa Árabe
- Avicenna: Healthcare Development and Innovation in the Arabian Gulf An international, peer-reviewed, open access journal that informs and stimulates scholarly discussion toward improving the delivery of healthcare in the Middle East.
- AWOL - The Ancient World Online
- AWOL's List of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies now lists one thousand titles.
- Awrak al-awsat / Awrâq al-awsat MERC Social Science Reviews entitled Awrak Al Awsat was recently published [the Ford Foundation established the Middle East Research Competition (MERC) in 1986]. It includes a number of scientific papers that were presented in the seminar on “Women and Public Participation in The Arab World”. It also includes the proceedings of a roundtable and an interview with Gouda Abdel-Khalek.
- Awraq. Revista de análisis y pensamiento sobre el mundo árabe e islámico contemporáneo (Awraq. Revista de análisis y pensamiento sobre el mundo árabe e islámico es una revista dedicada al análisis crítico y al pensamiento sobre el mundo contemporáneo árabe e islámico)
- The Baghdad Bulletin /
Editor, David Enders; (bimonthly News Magazine printed in Baghdad covering the
issues surrounding the redevelopment of Iraq after Saddam Hussein's rule. Launch
date: June 9th 2003.)
- The Bahá'í Encyclopedia Project
- Al Bawaba (News & general gateway)
- Bibliographie Monde arabe - novembre 2010
- Boletín de economía y negocios de Casa Árabe
- British Institute for the Study of Iraq newsletter BISI Newsletter. Publisher: London : British Institute for the Study of Iraq, 2008-
- British Journal of
Middle Eastern Studies
- British Library Endangered Archives Programme. Preservation of historical periodical collections (1900-1950) at the Al-Aqsa Mosque Library in East Jerusalem
- British Muslim Monthly Survey (BMMS)
- Bulletin critique des Annales islamologiques
- Bulletin Fi Rihab El Hiwar "Semestral bulletin of the Institut d'études islamo-chrétiennes of Université Saint-Joseph Beyrouth"
of Regional Cooperation in the Middle East
- Bulletin of the Association for the Study of Travel in Egypt and the Near East (ASTENE)
ISSN 1461-4316. The ASTENE Bulletin is published four times a year and aims to keep members informed of research interests and queries in the field of travel in Egypt and the Near East. Members are encouraged to submit information and material for the Bulletin relating to on-going research and interests, conferences etc.
- Bulletin : the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies Merkaz Dayan le-ḥeḳer ha-Mizraḥ ha-Tikhon ṿe-Afriḳah (Universiṭat Tel-Aviv) Publisher: Tel Aviv University.
In English. Available from : No. 39- (2004-)
- Cahiers Balkaniques
ISSN électronique: 2261-4184
Les Cahiers balkaniques sont nés en 1981 à l’INALCO.
Cette revue est destinée à publier des travaux de recherche effectués par les membres des différents groupes constitués à l’intérieur du Centre d'études balkaniques
- Les Cahiers d'EMAM sont une publication interdisciplinaire qui se propose de contribuer à la restitution des savoirs sur le monde arabe et la Méditerranée, dans leurs interférences avec le reste du monde, autour des questions urbaines et des processus de constructions/reconfigurations territoriales dans leurs dimensions sociales, économiques et politiques. Les Cahiers ont pour objectifs de favoriser le débat scientifique entre chercheurs confirmés et doctorants, et entre le monde de la recherche et celui des professionnels. Ils se veulent, en outre, un lieu de valorisation des travaux des chercheurs arabes et des jeunes chercheurs. Les Cahiers d’EMAM s’inscrivent dans la continuité des Cahiers d’URBAMA, parus entre 1988 (n° 1) et 2000 (n° 15). Pour l’ouverture du site, 5 numéros sont disponibles en accès libre intégral, soit l'ensemble de la collection des Cahiers (nos 16 à 20).
- Cahiers d’Études du Religieux - Recherches interdisciplinaires (Les Cahiers d’Études du Religieux - Recherches interdisciplinaires (CER-RI - ISSN 1760-5776) sont l’émanation des activités du Centre interdisciplinaire d’Études du Religieux (CIER) au sein de la Maison des Sciences de l’Homme de Montpellier (MSH-M). Ils diffusent, dans des numéros thématiques, les communications présentées lors des différents séminaires.)
d'études sur la Méditerranée orientale et le monde
turco-iranien (CEMOTI) (Association française pour l'étude de
la Méditerranée orientale et du monde turco-iranien (AFEMOTI))
- Les cahiers d'orient et d'occident Les Cahiers d'Orient et d'Occident, bulletin bimestriel, Orient intérieur, Ésotérisme occidental et oriental, Romantisme allemand, Documents littéraires rares ou inédits, Libres destinations.
- The Cairo review of global affairs (Published by School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, The American University in Cairo. Quarterly published).
- Cambridge Muslim Studies Papers
- Centro Argentino de Estudios Internacionales (CAEI): Programa de Medio Oriente
- CHALLENGE: A Magazine covering the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (a leftist magazine focusing on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict within a global context. Published in Tel Aviv, it features political analysis, investigative reporting, interviews, eye-witness reports, gender studies, arts, and more. Its editorial staff includes Jews and Arabs.)
- The Chronicles Publisher: [Cairo] : American University in Cairo, - "The Chronicles is the periodic publication of the Economic and Business History Research Center (EBHRC) of The American University in Cairo (AUC). It encourages an interdisciplinary understanding of the economic and business history of Egypt and the Middle East, encompassing social, anthropological and political dimensions. Our articles draw on, but are not limited to, the primary sources available at EBHRC, including oral narratives and private papers. The Chronicles creates a forum for the dissemination of knowledge. It is a space for research in the making, a venue for the work of young scholars, and a brainstorming platform among academics."
- Clio en Afrique - Bulletin d'Anthropologie et d'Histoire Africaines en langue française
- Crown Papers (The Crown Papers are double-blind peer-reviewed monographs covering a wide-range of scholarship on the Middle East, including works of history, economics, politics, and anthropology. This publication series succeeds the Center's earlier Working Papers and aims to showcase the scholarship of the Center's postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and Research Fellows).
- Current Trends in Islamist Ideology ---- volume 1
- Cybrarians Journal Cybrarians: the Arabic Portal for Librarianship and Information is non-profit organization established in 2002 and located in Cairo, Egypt. Cybrarians offers free services for libraries and librarians in Egypt and Arab countries. The organization aims at development of librarianship community.
- The Database of Arabic Literature in Western Research (DAL) (is an easy-to-use, searchable, internet-based bibliographic database of Arabic literature in western research. Search Keyword and other Browse links on the left hand bar, as well as Simple Search and Advanced Search, provide easy access to detailed, annotated and content-enriched bibliographic records of books, articles, chapters of books and reviews written in English since the movement of translation and commentary of Arabic literary texts first began in the West).
- Database of Islamic Medical and Scientific Ethics - Georgetown University
- The Dialogue: A Quarterly Research Journal
The Dialogue defines itself as critical in character, truly international in scope, and totally engaged with the central issues facing the world today. Taking as its point of departure the simple but essential notion that no one approach has all the answers, it aims to provide a global forum for a rapidly expanding community of scholars from across the range of academic disciplines and aims to encourage debate, controversy and reflection . However, the views expressed are those of the individual authors and are not necessarily those of Qurtuba University or of the editors.
- Diarna: Mapping Mizrahi Heritage Diarna is an initiative of Digital Heritage Mapping, a 501c3 non-profit organization using technology to map and preserve cultural heritage sites around the world. “Diarna” means “our homes” in Judeo-Arabic, a version of Arabic mixed with Hebrew spoken by Jews across the Middle East in numerous local dialects. Read an overview article about Diarna in AJS Perspectives, the magazine of the Association for Jewish Studies.
- Dicle Üniversitesi Ziya Gökalp Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi (Ziya Gokalp Education Faculty Journal)
- Bilgi Dünyası - Information World Üniversite ve Araştırma Kütüphanecileri Derneği'nin (ÜNAK) resmi yayın organıdır.
- Dirâsât yamaniyya - Derasat Yemenia Journal Academic refereed journal published by the Yemen Center for Studies and Research (YCSR), Sanaa.
(formerly the International Journal on Multicultural Societies) "Diversities (formerly the International Journal on Multicultural Societies) is a scholarly and professional journal, published by UNESCO, to provide a platform for international, interdisciplinary and policy-related social science research in the fields of migration, multicultural policies, and human rights.
- DMES Newsletters Newsletters of the Department of Middle Eastern Studies of the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (University of Cambridge).
- Documents on the Shaykhi, Babi and Baha'i Movements Documents on the Shaykhi, Babi and Baha'i Movements is a Digital Publication Series of H-Bahai.
- Doing Business in the Arab World 2011 Publisher: Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2009-"Doing Business in the Arab World 2011 is the third in a series of annual reports benchmarking the regulations that enhance business activity and those that constrain it in 20 economies in the Arab world."
- E-Journal for Middle Eastern Studies (called Sharqiyya)
- Egyptian Universities’ Libraries Consortium.
- Electronic journals and open access sources in Turkey / Rifat Bali
- Electronic Journal
of Oriental Studies (EJOS) ** EJOS - Electronic Journal of Oriental Studies (at present only restricted access via the wayback machine of the internet archive).
- Encuentro Islamo-Cristiano
- Macmillan's Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World (2004) -- and at the Internet Archive * and as pdf-document
- British Library Endangered Archives Programme. Preservation of historical periodical collections (1900-1950) at the Al-Aqsa Mosque Library in East Jerusalem
- Estudios de Dialectología Norteafricana y Andalusí (EDNA) [North African and Andalusian dialectological studies (EDNA)] The academic journal for 'North African and Andalusian Dialectological Studies' (EDNA) is a publication from the Spanish 'Institute of Islamic and Near Eastern Studies'. The journal is devoted to the study of the Arabic language in the Western regions of Maghreb and Alandalús, thus combining studies on contemporary and historical issues of Arabic dialects in these regions. Available on the site is the full-text content for all issues published between 1996 and 2004. Although Spanish is the main language of the publication, there are also articles in English, French and German. As part of the Institute of Islamic and Near Eastern Studies, the user may also browse the website and access relevant information about the institute: publications; cultural activities; and the library.
- Estudios Orientales Universidad de Murcia
- Etudes Kurdes: revue semestrielle de recherches (2000-2006) ISSN 1626-7745 -
Publisher: Fondation-Institut kurde de Paris. Country: France.
Start Year: 2000-
Text in: French
- Eurasian Journal of Anthropology
- EURISLAM - a bibliographical database on Islam in Europe.
- Euro-Islam: News and Analysis on Islam in Europe and North America Euro-Islam.info is an active network of researchers and scholars who conduct comparative research on Islam and Muslims in the West and disseminate key information to politicians, media, and the public. Sponsored by GSRL Paris/CNRS France and Harvard University, the Euro-Islam research network consists of over forty researchers and hosts over 50,000 unique visitors each month. The site is recognized in political and media circles as the most reliable online reference for Islam in Europe."
- Feminist periodicals published recently in Turkey :
- Fihrist Oxford and Cambridge Islamic Manuscripts Catalogue Online (Fihrist was developed by the OCIMCO project and aims to improve access to the valuable Islamic texts held in the Bodleian Libraries, Oxford and Cambridge University Library. This catalogue was created with a grant from JISC’s Digital Resources for Islamic Studies programme).
- Foundation for Iranian Studies
- G E von Grunebaum Center for Near Eastern Studies
"The UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies (CNES) promotes collaborative multidisciplinary research on critical issues related to the Middle East and the Islamic world. The research and teaching interests of its faculty and affiliates give broad definition to the geographical area served by the Center, from Morocco to Afghanistan, from the Gulf states to the nations of Central Asia, and including the Balkans and the Caucasus as well as cultural extensions in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas."
- GAIR-Mitteilungen Yearbook of the Association for Arab and Islamic Law
- GIGA Focus Nahost ("The GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, formerly the German Overseas Institute, is a Hamburg-based research institute focused on political, economic and social developments in Africa, Asia, Latin America, North Africa, and the Middle East.")
- Global Media Journal: Persian Edition ISSN- 2008-0468
Publisher: [Tehran] : University of Tehran
Language Note: In Persian; abstracts in English.
Global media journal.
Majallah-i jahānī-i rasānah
- Graecolatina et Orientalia ZBORNÍK FILOZOFICKEJ FAKULTY UNIVERZITY KOMENSKÉHO V BRATISLAVE
the digital peacemakers
- Gulf/2000 Project
- Majallat Hawliyyât at-turâth = Revue Annales du patrimoine
- HESPERIS : Archives berbères et bulletin de l'Institut des Hautes Etudes Marocaines Hespéris began in 1921 as a merger between two older serials, "Archives Berberes" and the Bulletin of l'Institut des Hautes-Études Marocaines. In 1960, it merged with another serial, "Tamuda", to become "Hespéris-Tamuda", a journal that is still published today.
- Hilâl. Studi turchi e ottomani
- Hill Museum & Manuscript Library - Studying the East: Selections of Manuscripts and Rare Books
"(...) The manuscripts and printed volumes selected for this exhibit cover Arabic, Samaritan Hebrew, Persian, Jewish Aramaic, Syriac, Hebrew, and G‘z, and present texts from Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. (...)"
- Hima Mesopotamia "Protecting the Land Between Two Rivers" Hima Mesopotamia is an international NGO dedicated to the health of the people and ecosystems of the Mesopotamian Marshes through the promotion of responsible stewardship of the Tigris–Euphrates watershed.
- Hirâ' - majallah 'ilmiyyah fikriyyah thaqâfiyyah
- Historians of the Ottoman Empire - Center for Middle Eastern Studies Harvard University. "Initiated in the Fall of 2003, the project Historians of the Ottoman Empire aims at filling an extensive gap in the field of Ottoman Studies by offering scholars a major bio-bibliographical reference book on Ottoman historians. In contrast to earlier similar projects in the field, Historians of the Ottoman Empire intends to comprise all the historians who have lived and produced within the geographical limits of the Ottoman Empire—regardless of the language in which they wrote. The reference book will thus cover works of history primarily in Turkish, but also in Arabic, Persian, Armenian, Greek, and other languages."
- Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies
- Human rights in the occupied territories : annual report. Author: Be-tselem (Organization : Jerusalem) Publisher: Jerusalem : B'TSELEM, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, 2007-.
- Ilahiyat Studies Ilahiyat Studies is an international, peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal dedicated to publishing scholarly articles on all aspects of Islam and the Muslim peoples and on religious studies. Available in print and online and published twice a year, the journal aims to become one of the leading platforms in the world for new findings and discussions of all fields of Islamic and religious studies.
Journal Canberra, Australia
- Insaniyat / إنسانيات Insaniyat est une revue algérienne d’anthropologie et de sciences sociales valorisant l’activité de recherche sur le terrain. Largement ouverte aux différentes disciplines ayant pour objet l’homme et la société, elle s'inscrit dans le vaste projet anthropologique. Insaniyat rend compte des travaux menés sur tout le territoire national algérien par les chercheurs travaillant dans le cadre de projets initiés par les institutions de recherche. Elle tâche aussi de se constituer en un carrefour accueillant pour d’autres scientifiques en Algérie ou à l’étranger.
- Institut français du Proche-Orient
- International Association of Iranologists
- International Journal of Islamic Architecture Although this new journal is not Open Access, publisher made the first two issues available free online.
Publisher invites institutions from developing countries to claim free online access to its journals portfolio. The list of eligible countries has been drawn-up using a study by the World Bank.
- International Journal of Islamic Thought (IJIT)
Publisher: Department of Philosophy and Theology, National University of Malaysia
In English, Arabic and Malay.
"The INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT (IJIT) is an internationally refereed online journal jointly published by the International Society of Muslim Philosophers and Theologians (ISOMPT) and the Department of Theology and Philosophy, National University of Malaysia. The mission of IJIT is to encourage scholarly research in Islamic thought. The Journal provides a unique peer-reviewed forum to postgraduate students, scholars, professors, and researchers in various topics within Islamic thought. The Journal welcomes research papers as well as review articles and conference reports. IJIT will be published in June and December annually. IJIT will publish empirical and theoretical papers (e.g. a critical review of research). The Journal has an international advisory board. The international perspective is also reflected by the journal's trilingual approach: IJIT welcomes papers in English, Arabic and Malay."
- International Journal of Modern Anthropology / Association Tunisienne d’Anthropologie.
Published in : Munastīr, Tunisia.
Frequency: Annual. Vol. 1, (2008)-
Journal of Middle East Studies
- International Review of Turkish Studies (IRTS) International Review of Turkish Studies (IRTS) is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal published by the Institute for Turkish Studies, which is based in the Dutch city of Utrecht. IRTS is refereed by international scholars with years of experience in the field of Turkish Studies. IRTS can be found, among others, in the library of Institute for Turkish Studies, Leiden University, National Library of the Netherlands and many more academic institutions worldwide.
The Institute for Turkish Studies (‘Instituut voor Turkse Studies’ in Dutch; abbreviated as ITS) is a nonprofit research center that conducts independent scientific research concerning Turkey. The institute focuses on global developments, particularly the developments in Turkey and the Netherlands, which will be presented objectively. The institute aims to sketch a realistic picture of Turkey, Turks and other related research topics, based on scientific and academic research. In doing so; an adequate and fair picture of Turkey, Turks and other related topics in the field of scientific and academic research will be realized.
- Iqtisadi: Middle East Economy Frequency: Monthly.
In English and Hebrew
"The Moshe Dayan Center has launched a monthly publication to expand its coverage of economic issues in the Middle East and North Africa. Iqtisadi ("economics" in Arabic) will offer several short, in-depth analyses of aspects of political economy and business in the region."
- Iran Chamber Society
"In the absence of a well-documented, comprehensive and permanent source of information on Iran, or formerly and widely known as Persia, that can accommodate many viewers' needs and wishes we decided to create a source, which could provide information on all aspects of Iranian/Persian history, art and culture. Therefore, in compliance with the needs of those who are concerned with Iran/Persia and its issues, in April 2001 "Iran Chamber Society" was founded as a non-partisan and non-profit organization with the aim to promote Iranian culture and history. By actively publicizing historical and cultural findings and issues in a format that is accessible for the world community at large, Iran Chamber Society aims to create a global awareness about Iranian society and eradicate the misunderstandings and misconceptions about Iranian society, and to play an educational role as well."
- Related Sections
Culture of Iran
Cultural issues, Festivals, Rituals, Ceremonies and Related articles.
Religions of Iran
Fotgotten and today's Religions, History of Religious Minorities; Related articles.
Modern and Ancient Iranian Visual Arts, Artists & their works, Photography, Painting, Calligraphy, Pottery, Sculpture, Dance and Related articles.
Cinema & Performance Arts
Biographies and Related articles.
Persian Language & Literature
Biographies; Classical & contemporary literary works and ...
Museums & Galleries
Classical and Contemporary Arts, Carpet, Fine Arts & Glassware and more.
- Iran Data Portal "The Iran Social Science Data Portal is under construction. Once completed, it will be an English- and Persian-language internet portal that hosts social science data on Iran, including socioeconomic data, electoral data, information on political parties, and translations of selected laws. It aims to provide a service to journalists, academics, policymakers, and others interested in analyzing political and socioeconomic developments in contemporary Iran. The project is funded by a grant of the Social Science Research Council.
Due to its current significance, the website provides a detailed documentation from the 2009 presidential election in Iran. The featured data includes electoral results down to the level of the ballot box, the electoral law, statements by the four presidential candidates, statements by other political and religious leaders, by political parties, and by governmental agencies after June 12, 2009.
- The Iran Human Rights Documentation Center (Publications) "The mission of the Center is to:
- Establish a comprehensive and objective historical record of the human rights situation in Iran, and on the basis of this record, establish responsibility for patterns of human rights abuses;
- Make the record available in an archive that is accessible to the public for research and educational purposes;
- Promote accountability, respect for human rights and the rule of law in Iran; and
- Encourage an informed dialogue on the human rights situation in Iran among scholars and the general public in Iran and abroad."
- Iran Nameh ("...to help keep Iran's cultural traditions alive. It predominantly features articles on contemporary Iranian issues in special issues edited by guest scholars. Concurrently, it continues to provide a forum for original research on Iran's literary and artistic heritage.") Beginning publication in fall 1982 as a peer-reviewed scholarly journal, Iran Nameh’s historical archive provides a large collection of original research articles on all aspects of Persian literature and Iranian history and culture.
- Irancarto Irancarto is a scientific research website devoted to cartographic studies on Iran and the Iranian world current or past: society, demography, economics, politics, culture, history, language, arts, cities, countryside...
Irancarto publishes new cartographic studies and digital editions of previously printed atlases.
Bazarcarto is a hub of information and exchange for Iranian cartography. Irancarto is published in Paris by Mondes Iranien et Indien (Joint Research Unit 7528: CNRS, University Paris 3 Sorbonne Nouvelle, INALCO, EPHE).
- Iranian Journal of International Affairs Published:[Tehran, Iran] : Institute for Political and International Studies, [1989-
Issues Published:Vol. 1, no. 1 (spring 1989)-
Languages: Chiefly in English; some French.
- Iranian Journal of Society, Culture & Language Online ISSN: 2322-4762
Iranian Journal of Society, Culture & Language (IJSCL) is a fully peer-reviewed international journal that publishes original research and review articles on the relationship between society, culture, and language. IJSCL favors articles which have a sound theoretical base with visible practical applications that can be used by specialists in anthropology, sociology, linguistics, education, intercultural studies, and policy making. Authors from all languages and cultures are invited to submit their research and review articles to the IJSCL journal.
- Iranian Review of Foreign Affairs (IRFA) "is the English language quarterly of the Institute for Strategic Research, an affiliate of the Center for Strategic Research – CSR (Tehran). The quarterly, with an international editorial board comprising prominent scholars and practitioners of international relations, political science, and global and regional affairs, is intended to provide a forum for policy debate and advanced research on a wide range of current issues and unfolding developments. It will focus on presenting independent, objective perspectives on the wide range of international and regional issues of importance to and affecting Iran and its foreign affairs."
- Iraq Literary Review
- Monthly Ishrâq اشراق /// جاوید احمد غامدی
- Ишрак: Ежегодник исламской философии - Ishraq: Islamic Philosophy Yearbook Russian and English; devoted to a wide range of issues, current in Islamic philosophical thought, written by the leading Russian and foreign experts in the field.
newsletter (International Institute for the Study of Islam in the Modern
- Islam and
Christian Muslim Relations
- Islam and Muslim Societies - A social science journal. Islam and Muslim Societies is an academic refereed journal published under the authority of Center for Social Action and Development (CSAD). It is an online bi-annual publication (Coming in January and June), International in character though South Asia is its special area of interest and coverage. The Journal does not promote any particular point of view or ideology.
Islam and Muslim Societies is primarily a forum for scholars across the disciplines of Sociology/Social Anthropology, Economics, History, Political Science, Law, Philosophy, and other related streams and provides open space for research and dialogue on Islam (except theological debates/issues) and Muslim societies across the globe.
The Journal invites contributions in the form of original articles- theoretical, empirical and policy analysis-short notes, review articles, book reviews, news relating to research and academic/professional fora and communications.
- Islam Ansiklopedisi
- İslami Araştırmalar Dergisi - Journal of Islamic Research is a publication of Turkey Economical and Culturel Solidarity (TEK-DAV) Foundation. The owner is Prof. Dr.Hikmet Akgul on behalf of Turkey Economical and Culturel Solidarity (Ankara)
- Islamic Bindings & Bookmaking.
A Catalogue of an Exhibition in the Oriental Institute Museum, University of Chicago, May 18-August 18, 1981.
- Islamic Heritage Project Institute of Islamic Studies / Center for Humanities and Sociological Studies, London Academy of Iranian Studies. Start Year :2008. "The Journal of Islamic Perspective is a peer reviewed publication of the Center for Humanities and Sociological Studies, affiliated to the London Academy of Iranian Studies (LIAS) and aims to create a dialogue between intellectuals, thinkers and writers from the Islamic World and academics, intellectuals, thinkers and writers from other parts of the Globe. Issues in the context of Culture, Islamic Thoughts & Civilizations, and other relevant areas of social sciences, humanities and cultural studies are of interest and we hope to create a global platform to deepen and develop these issues in the frame of a Critical Perspective."
- Islamic Perspective: quarterly journal for islamic culture, thought and civilization
- The Islamic Scientific Manuscripts Initiative (ISMI)
(ISMI) contains information on over 1,500 scientists, their works, and their social milieu, spanning the entire Islamic world, from Islamic Spain to India and the borders of China, beginning in the 8th century and continuing until the 19th. These works in astronomy, mathematics, physics, geography, mechanics, and related disciplines number in the thousands and are represented, conservatively speaking, by tens of thousands of manuscript copies spread throughout the world.
Much more than a simple catalogue, ISMI provides information on the authors, content of the texts, readership and ownership, institutional locations where the manuscripts were copied, studied, and taught, the relationship of original texts and their commentaries and supercommentaries, and other information that will help draw a picture of the social and intellectual contexts of these works.
ISMI aims to contribute to our understanding of the role of rationalism in traditional Islamic societies and the interplay of science and religion within them, and more generally to treat science in Islam as a humanistic enterprise.
- Islamiyyat al-ma'rifa Arabic journal published by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), Herndon, Virginia, in the suburbs of Washington DC.
- Islamophobia Studies Journal Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project, UC Berkeley
The Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project at UC Berkeley announces the launch of Islamophobia Studies Journal, a a bi-annual peer reviewed academic periodical focusing on emerging research on and analysis about the nature of Islamophobia and its impact on culture, politics, media, and the lives and experiences of Muslim people.
- First Ismaili Electronic Library and Database --Book Reviews
- Israel Studies (Ben-Gurion
- "The Israeli Left Archive is devoted mainly to the radical left and the women's peace movement in Israel during the sixties, seventies and the eighties. It is in this period, immediately preceding the introduction of computer technologies, that the bulk of the Kaminer collection was gathered. They stopped collecting material towards the end of the eighties mainly due to the spread of computerized documentation throughout society and the left. From the early nineties, the preservation and the recovery of movement materials became a vastly simpler goal. Israeli Left Archive is hosted by International Institute of Social History (IISH) in Amsterdam.
- İstanbul Barosu Dergisi (Istanbul Bar Association)
- Iura Orientalia: Rassegna Scientifica on-line sui Diritti Orientali Antichi e Moderni On-line Review about Ancient and Modern Oriental Laws - ISSN 1828-1788. "Iura Orientalia is born inside the Faculty of Oriental Canon Law of the Pontifical Oriental Institute (Rome), but it has got a own statues and an independent scientific life.. So, Iura Orientalia [= Iur.Or.] is a scientific project - at moment on line - with the purpose to investigate the topic concerning the Ancient and Modern Oriental Laws and Rights
For this reason the principal object of Iur.Or. is to study the Orient with a juridical aptitude and view by means of papers and studies hence published. Iur. Or. wants also give an appropriate space to the young scholars and researchers."
- Al Jadid A magazine size publication with an average of 56 pages in each issue, AL JADID is published in English, and features original articles along with many translations of essays and interviews by Arab writers, journalists, scholars, and poets as well as original illustrations by featured artists. Many leading Arab writers, from both the United States and from the Arab world, contribute to AL JADID.
- Jadid Online - جدید آنلاینJadid Online - جدید آنلاینpublishes reports by a new generation of journalists, mainly from Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan, pioneering new forms of multimedia journalism. They provide original snapshots of life in their societies in multimedia formats, from new angles, offering new voices and images.
- Project Jara'id: A Chronology of Nineteenth-Century Periodicals in Arabic (1800-1900). A Research Tool / Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO, Berlin). The list contains bibliographical data for 847 titles, including availabilities of extant copies, and a number of indexes. This research tool may be of interest to students and researchers of Arabic printing in particular and the modern history of the Middle East in general.
This website provides a chronology of nineteenth-century periodicals in Arabic.
Although it is meant to include all periodicals published in Arabic or in Arabic and in another language (like the usual pair of Arabic and Ottoman Turkish) or in Arabic written in a different script (like Judeo-Arabic) in the period from 1800 to 1900, this chronology is certainly incomplete. Furthermore, there remain numerous problems with dating and locating individual publications as well as identifying their owners, editors, or publishers. A common problem is that journals with different editors used the same title or the same editors published periodicals under different titles.
- Jordan journal of international affairs [Author: Mahad al-Diblūmāsī (Jordan)
Publisher: Amman, Jordan : Jordan Institute of Diplomacy, 2007- Language Note: In Arabic and English. Other Titles: Majallat al-Urdun lil-shuʼūn al-dawlīyah Responsibility: Jordan Institute of Diplomacy. Frequency : Biannual] The journal deals with international relations in their security, political, economic, cultural, and media dimensions.
- Jordanian diplomat = al-Diblūmāsī al-Urdunī [
Author: Mahad al-Diblūmāsī (Jordan)
Publisher: Ammān : al-Maʻhad al-Diblūmāsī al-Urdunī, [1998?- Language Note: Chiefly in Arabic; some English.
Other Titles: al-Diblūmāsī al-Urdunī Frequency: Quarterly.] "The JID continues to publish this periodical in cooperation with the Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a public information and education instrument in addition to its role in providing an opportunity for the discussion of major internal as well as external issues of interest to the country. "
- Journal for Islamic Studies (JIS) is a peer-reviewed journal and is included in the list of Approved Journals compiled by the Department of Education of the republic of South Africa. The Journal is published by the Centre for Contemporary Islam, based at the University of Cape Town; and is indexed in the ATLA Religion Database ® a product of the American Theological Library Association.
- Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Journal of Arabic Language and Literature (Journal of Letters and Humanities) - Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
- Journal of Arabic Linguistics Tradition (JALT) "The aim of JALT is to promote a proper and principled understanding of the Arabic linguistics traditions, encompassing the whole range of phonological, morphological, syntactic, semantic and other related analyses and the specific contribution of linguists since the tradition’s earliest inception (around the 8th Century) until the end of the 10th Century."
- Journal of Arabic
- Journal of Arabic Linguistics Tradition :
International Electronic Journal
- Journal of Iranian Archaeology / IRANIAN ARCHAEOLOGY. No. 1, 2010 (Autumn-Winter). Journal of Iranian Archaeology is a biannual journal in Persian and English published by Wahesht Mina International Institute. The Journal of Iranian Archaeology publishes original papers, research reports, and notes. Manuscripts will be accepted in Persian, English, and French. The journal will publish current research on the Iranian archaeology in all fields of archaeology without any chronological limit. Fields of interest include Paleolithic to the Islamic Period Archaeology of Iran and neighboring regions, archaeobotanical, archaeozoological, geoarchaeological, paleoanthropological, and ethnoarchaeological studies in Iran and neighboring regions.
- The Journal of Islam in Asia The Journal of Islam in Asia is published by the International Islamic University Malaysia. It is a refereed International Arabic-English biannual Journal. The Journal includes articles, selected studies, book reviews, reports of conferences etc., which are relevant to Islamic thought and Muslim concerns. The Journal sees itself as an instrument, and an extension, to promote the IIUM's mission of (IIICE); Integration, Islamicization, Internationalization and Comprehensive Excellence. The Editorial Board invites scholars and researchers to submit contributions to the Secretariat of the Journal.
- Journal of Islamic
Studies - Online Services
- Journal of Linguistic and Literary Studies - Majallat ad-dirâsât al-lughawiyya wal-adabiyya
of Maghrebi Studies
- Journal of Maronite Studies (JMS)
- Journal of Middle Eastern Geopolitics a quarterly magazine widely distributed through academic, governmental, and industrial institutions, as well as through the traditional distribution chain all over the world.
- Journal of Muslims in Europe is a new journal published by Brill. [Free access to full text content of the first issue].
- Journal of Sufi Studies a biannual journal is published by Brill. The full text content of the first issue is currently available for free at: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/brill/jss
- Journal of the Iran Society Founded in 1935, The Iran Society acts as a gathering point for those who are interested in Iran's heritage and culture. It is strictly non-political. Its object is to promote learning and advance education in the subject of Iran, its peoples and culture and particularly to advance education through the study of language, literature, art, history, religions, antiquities, usages, institutions and customs of Iran. The Society's principal activities comprise seven lectures a year on a wide range of subjects, publication of occasional monographs, an annual study day (e.g. on Persian carpets or manuscripts), publication of the Society's journal and an annual reception for members and guests.
In 2002 The Iran Society re-launched its Journal which had ceased publication in 1954.
- Journal of the Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi Society (MIAS)
- Journal of Near & Middle Eastern Studies becomes "Orient"
- Journal of Near
Eastern Studies, U. of Chicago
- Journal of North
- Journal of Palestine
Studies * Journal of Palestine Studies (Free Articles)
- Journal of Qur'anic studies Majallat al-dirāsāt al-Qur'ānīyah
- Journal of social science = Sosyal bilimler dergisi Publisher: Gaziantep : Gaziantep üniversitesi sosyal bilimler enstitüsü.
Published: 1991- [ISSN: 1303-0094].
OF THE HISTORY OF SUFISM
Journal of the Society for Moroccan Studies
- Journals of the Arab Writers Union
- JOUVERT: a journal of postcolonial
- Jusur: The UCLA
Journal of Middle Eastern Studies
- Kalimat Magazine (an outlet for political, cultural and social expression within the Arab region and its Diaspora)
- al-Karmel: majallah thaqâfiyyah
- al-Kashkûl al-musawwar (Egyptian politics, literature, caricature... table taken from dahsha)
- Khazar Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (Formerly Journal of Azerbaijani Studies) The goal of this journal is to consolidate efforts of all academics who have concern to Azerbaijan or relative to the region topics. To be published in the Khazar Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences paper must be substantial and original.
- al-khizana offers numerous of Islamic manuscripts on a plethora of subjects and topics, all of which are free to download.
- Kikah = كيكا"Kikah is an independent electronic cultural journal founded by the Iraqi writer Samuel Shimon in March 2003. Its primary objective is to encourage the dissemination of new writing from the Arab world, as well as translations from world literature."
- كتاب هفتهKitāb-i haftah
Editors: Muḥsin Hashtrūdī, Aḥmad Shāmlū. Publisher: Tihrān : Sāzmān-i Chāp va Intishārāt-i Kayhān, 1340-1342 [1961-1963]
- كتاب جمعهKitāb-i jumʻah.
Ketab-e Jom'e - a weekly for literary, social and scientific issues
Editor: Aḥmad Shāmlū.
Publisher: Tihrān : Intishārāt-i Māzyār, 1979-1980
- Kurdish Human Rights Project legal review London, Vol. 5, 2004- ISSN:1748-0639 Frequency: Semiannual
"Kurdish Human Rights Project is an independent, non-political human rights organisation dedicated to the promotion and protection of the human rights of all persons in the Kurdish regions of Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Syria and elsewhere. It is a registered charity founded in London in 1992 working with its partner organisations in the regions."
- Kurmancî Institut kurde de Paris (Kurmancî est le magazine linguistique publié depuis 1987 deux fois par an pour diffuser les travaux des séminaires linguistiques semestriels de l'Institut kurde sur les problèmes de terminologie et standardisation de la langue kurde. Tous les numéros de ce magazine sont accessibles sur le Site ainsi que l'index kurde-français-anglais turc des 20 premiers numéros. La collection de 20 premiers numéros avec un index anglais-kurde, français-kurde, turc-kurde et kurde-français-anglais-turc sera bientôt disponible sous forme de livre.)
- al-Kurrâsât Newsletters in different fields of studies by the Yemen Center for Studies and Research (YCSR), Sanaa; only some issues are accessible at present.
- Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies
- Lawrence Online (Also: T. E. Lawrence Studies)
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives (LTHE) "... aims to present and discuss issues and research of relevance to university and college educators in the Arabian Gulf Region."
- The Levantine Review: The Journal of Near Eastern and Mediterranean Studies at Boston College A peer-reviewed electronic journal, The Levantine Reviewpublishes scholarship (in English, French, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Syriac, and Levantine vernaculars) on the history, cultures, religions, politics, and the intellectual, philological, and literary traditions of the contemporary Levant and Near East. Authors are welcome to contact the editors prior to submitting manuscripts for consideration.
- Library and Information Research Journal (Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (Iran))
- Majallat adh-Dhakha'ir
- Majallat al-akâdîmiyya al-'arabiyya al-maftûha fid-Danmark - The Scientific Journal of Arab Open Academy in Denmark Journal of "The Arab Academy in Denmark" - ISSN: 1902-8458 Open access publications of the Academy include lectures and separate articles.
"The mission of the Arab Open Academy in Denmark (AOA) is to develop scientific research, enrich human knowledge and accelerate the comprehensive, social and economic transformations of our society through the academic studies offered and the training of highly specialized personnel in basic and applied fields, who can implement the comprehensive development plans in our country, Iraq and in the Arab World. The studies and programs are oriented towards providing services and consultation to the public and the private sectors and to explore scientifically solutions to our problems. The AOA aims at promoting an open system of higher education that provides opportunities for professional development and lifelong learning."
- Majallat hawliyyât at-turâth / Revue annales du patrimoine
- Majallat al-minhâj (shî'ite)
- Majallat al-aqwâs / The Palestinian House of Poetry -- Majallat ash-shu'arâ' / The Palestinian House of Poetry
- Majallat al-majma' (i.e. majma' al-Qâsimî lil-lugha al-'arabiyya) "A Refereed Periodical Specialized in the Study of Arabic Language and Literature"
of the Majma' al-Qâsimî lil-lugha al-'arabiyya - Al-Qasemi Arabic Language Academy Compiling and summarizing more than 60 years of Palestinian literature (Al-Qasemi Academy of Arabic Language and Literature Al-Qasemi College
Baqa Al-Gharbiya, Israel)
- Majallat AL-ANDALUS = الاندلس مجلة
- Majallat al-majma' al-'ilmî (al-'irâqî) (since 1369/1950) [PARTIALLY OPEN] Quarterly by the Iraq(i) Academy of Sciences (Baghdad), founded in 1366/1947 Last accessible issue (March 2011, part 2) and 2007, part 2 via the site of the Academy. Issues via the internet-archive (not complete, yet)
- Majallat Majma' al-lugha al-'arabiyya (Journal of the Academy of the Arabic Language in Cairo, founded 1934)
- Majallat majma' al-lugha al-'arabiyya al-urdunnî. Journal of the Jordan Arabic Language Academy (founded in 1976).
- Majallat al-'ulûm al-insâniyya ad-dawliyya
- Majallat 'ulûm insâniyya - Journal of Human Sciences : --2003 عام في أسست الإنسانية العلوم مجلة
- "al-Majdal is a quarterly magazine on Palestinian refugees. The magazine aims to raise public awareness and support for a just solution to Palestinian residency and refugee issues."
- Mamluk Studies
Orientalia (Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences,
St.Petersburg. Institut vostokovedeniia (Rossiiskaia akademiia nauk). Sankt-Peterburgskii filial.; Russkoe aziatskoe obshchestvo.
Started in: 1995-)
- Manuscripts Library: King Saud University (The manuscript digital library "contains more than eleven thousands manuscripts where visitors can browse manuscripts, read and get copies in form of images or PDF files")
- Marsh Bulletin
Biannual scientific journal on the southern Iraqi marshlands produced by AMAR ICF in collaboration with the College of Science and the Marine Science Center, University of Basrah.
- The Marsh Arabs Heritage Project The marshes of southern Iraq constitute a unique environment, and are of considerable environmental, cultural and economic importance. They have existed for hundreds of thousands of years and have, in the past, covered a significant area of southern Iraq. Their presence has brought numerous benefits to region, including cooling the local climate, providing irrigation and improving the fertility of the land. They have been a haven for plant and animal life.
Because of all this, the marshes have been home to a people—the Marsh Arabs. They are a people whose roots go back to the beginning of civilization. The AMAR International Charitable Foundation's heritage project has been working to help those people whose families left the marshes under the previous regime to reacquaint themselves with their home, history, culture and way of life. Furthermore, the project has sought to establish knowledge of, and respect for, the Marsh Arab people in the wider world. This book forms part of that latter endeavour.
This website is divided into four sections: History, Geography, Sociology and Economics; each written by a different Iraqi specialist.
- Al-Mashhad PICLS: The Palestinian institution for cultural landscape studies
The Palestinian institution for cultural landscape studies (Al-Mashhad) was established in 2001, as a Palestinian non governmental and non profit institution. The areas of our fieldwork and study include: landscape, environment, archaeology, conservation and other related fields.
The major themes of this website are devoted to provide the reader with a compendious description of the PICLS, with emphasis on our main fields of interest such as landscape, conservation geography and cartography etc. We are looking forward to receiving reader's feedback through the email address indicated. All opinions are welcome as well as proposals for collaboration or volunteering in future projects, whether those projects are theoretical or fieldwork activities.
- Al Mashriq - The Levant: Cultural Riches from the Countries of the Eastern Mediterranean A non-political, non-secterian, non-commercialwebserver. Any opinions expressed are those of the authors and in noway reflect the views of the maintainer of the server. Its purpose isto gather information that reflects the culture and ways of life ofLebanon and the Levant and was started as guide and entry point to thelife and history of the region for the benefit of expatriates of theLevant.
- Mashriq & Mahjar: Journal of Middle East Migration Studies Published : Raleigh, NC : Khayrallah Program of Lebanese-American Studies : North Carolina State University.
Volume 1, Issue 1, Spring 2013.
- al-Mawsû'a al-fiqhiyya (Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence)
"(...) the most successful of a series of Islamic law encyclopaedias. (...) a cross between a dictionary and an encyclopaedia. The main entries consist of digests of various areas of Islamic law. Some of the articles are monographic in length. The exposition is synthetic - the law of each [sunnite, AN] school is not treated in seperate sections." Aron Zysow, in: Aptin Khanbaghi (ed.): Encyclopedias about Muslim Civilisations (2009), p. 18
- Mathal/Mashal: Journal of Islamic and Judaic Multidisciplinary Studies Mathal/Mashal: Journal of Islamic and Judaic Multidisciplinary Studies (ISSN 2168-538X) is a peer-reviewed, open access journal dedicated to scholarly discussion of topics present in the Islamic and Jewish traditions, cultures, and practices especially in the area where thematic and doctrinal aspects are common.
The journal approaches these complex issues through interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary lenses. There are many topics that lend themselves to comparative studies but we will publish papers that deal with any of the topics in either of the traditions. Topics that can be discussed include Islamic and Jewish law, socio-economic and political history of the Islamic and Jewish communities, social and religious institutions, Tafsir and Rabbinic traditions, Midrash and/or Islamic and Jewish mysticism.
- Mawsû'at 'âshûrâ' (A shi'ite encyclopedia)
- McGill Journal of Middle East Studies [MJMES] (published by the (undergraduate) Middle East Studies Students' Association (MESSA) each year)
- Medieval Arabic and Islamic Philosophy (28 | 28)
- Mediterranes Journal of the Euro-Mediterranean Association for Cooperation and Development e.V.
- Med-Mem: Mediterranean Memory MeD-MeM: Sharing our Mediterranean Audiovisual Heritage. Initiated by Ina under the auspices of COPEAM (Permanent Conference of the Mediterranean Audiovisual Operators) at the request of the holders of audiovisual archives in the Mediterranean region, “Sharing our Mediterranean Audiovisual Heritage (Med-Mem)” offers the general public some 4000 audiovisual documents from the countries in the Mediterranean area. The TV and radio archives, set into their historic and cultural context, are accompanied by a trilingual documentary note (in French, English and Arabic). Co-funded by the European Union as part of the Euromed Heritage IV programme, Med-Mem strives to raise the profile of a common heritage, and underpins the drive to safeguard Mediterranean audiovisual archives.
Catalogue of Microform, U. of Chicago
- MERIA: Middle East Review of
- Middle East Business Review -
- Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ)
- Middle East Insight
- The Middle East Intelligence Bulletin
- Middle East International, Birzeit
Middle East Journal / The Middle East Institute, Washington, DC
- Middle East Maps at Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection
- Middle East Media Educator (MEME) is a refereed journal published annually at the University of Wollongong in Dubai. ... Like APME, MEME "aims to bridge the gap between media educators and practitioners." MEME is the first such journal in the Middle East, and it will strive to encourage dialogue between industry and academe in a region where informed analysis of the media isn't widespread. Educators struggle to find textbooks and case studies that are relevant to the unique situation in the Middle East region because most teaching resources are developed in other parts of the world.
- Middle East News Brief A weekly sample of news and opinions on current events from around the Middle East collected and published by the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies. Started in : 2009
- Middle East
- Middle East Report (MERIP)
- Middle East
Studies Association Bulletin
- Middle East – Topics & Arguments Middle East – Topics & Arguments is a unique platform for innovative research on the Middle East combining disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches. Articles critically reevaluate established scholarly traditions and think beyond entrenched disciplinary boundaries. By bringing together well-known academics and young scholars with international backgrounds, a broad range of perspectives will ensure lively debates.
- The Middle East Water Collection The Middle East Water Collection provides access to roughly 9000 items on political, socio-economic, demographic, and legal issues of water in the Middle East. Materials include data, books, journal and newspaper articles, and documents published in the Middle East, Europe, and North America originating from a variety of publishers and national and multinational agencies and organizations.
Materials in the public domain are available in full text from this website. More materials from the original collection will be added online as copyright permissions are granted. This website may be used as a search interface for the complete collection of M|E Water materials housed on the 3rd floor of the OSU Valley Library.
- Mimar: Architecture in Development Mimar: Architecture in Development was first published in 1981 and had a print run of 43 issues. At the time of Mimar's inception, it was the only international architecture magazine focusing on architecture in the developing world and related issues of concern. It aimed at exchanging ideas and images between countries which are developing new directions for their built environment. ArchNet is pleased to offer the complete set of Mimar: Architecture in Development, in the ArchNet Digital Library.
- Minbar al-islâm Journal of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (al-Majlis al-a'lâ lish-shu'ûn al-islâmiyya), Cairo.
- MI.REM Analytical Reports "The main objective of the MIREM project lies in better taking into consideration the challenges linked to return migration as well as its impact on development. Analytical tools are provided in this section to better understand the return migration phenomenon as applied to the Maghreb countries (Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia)."
- al-MISBAH - Database of Online Resources ALMISBAH is a database providing access to selected Internet resources on the Middle East and on Islam respectively. Websites and online resources on Israel are included only if they are related to the Arab-Israeli conflict. For other electronic resources on and from Israel please visit the website of the Special Subject Collection Israel at the SuUB Frankfurt/M.
Fulltext search of the database VKI_Almisbah
- Miscelánea de Estudios Árabes y Hebraicos. Sección Árabe-Islam La revista "Miscelánea de Estudis Árabes y Hebraicos, sección Árabe-Islam", tiene una periodicidad anual. Admite trabajos sobre cualquier tema relacionado con los estudios árabes e islámicos: lengua, literatura e historia. Repositorio Institucional de la Universidad de Granada.
- Al-Monitor With contributors from Beirut to Jerusalem, and from Istanbul to Washington, Al-Monitor is a new media site dedicated to bringing in-depth coverage and fresh perspectives from the Middle East. The site provides reporting from a diverse array of independent media partners in Israel, Egypt, the UAE, Iraq and throughout the Arab World. We have content partnerships with 17 news organizations in the region, and are in talks to add more. Each day, our editors carefully select a diverse mix of articles to translate that are not otherwise available in the English language. The site and its many contributors around the world build on that content with insightful, original reporting and commentary including our Back Channel news blog as well as video.
- Muftah Digital magazine publishing the work of experts on the Middle East and North Africa with a fresh, new perspective on regional policy-making.
- alMukhatabat المخاطبات | Revue Philosophique de Logique et d’Epistémologie مجلّة فلسفية في المنطق و الإبستمولوجيا Philosophical Journal For Logic and Epistemology
- Nación Árabe
- Nâmeye Farhangestân Journal of the Persian Academy.
- Al-Nashra Arabic-language quarterly publication produced by the Arabic department of the Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies in Amman. Articles published in Al-Nashra focus on global cultural and religious diversity and shared human values.
- The Neo-Assyrian Text Corpus
Project (State Archives of Assyria). Institute for Asian & African Studies
University of Helsinki Finland
- New Horizons. Commentaries on the Modern Middle East Online working paper series at Pennsylvania University's Middle East Center.
- The North Africa Journal
- Al-Noor : the Boston College undergraduate Middle Eastern and Islamic studies journal. Publisher: Chestnut Hill, MA : Boston College, 2008-
- Nusûs 'irâqiyya journal of the Iraqi writer (al-Kâtib al-'irâqî)
- Oasis Semiannual journal with growing open access content of the International Foundation Oasis, Rome/Milan
"Created in 2004 as the International Centre for Study and Research, the outcome of an insight of Cardinal Angelo Scola, (and made into a Foundation in 2009), Oasis is an international network of relationships that promotes mutual knowledge and encounter between Christians and Muslims."
- Online Journal of Bahá’í Studies (OJBS)
- Open Access Arabic and Middle Eastern Journals and Series via Yale University Library
- Open Access Journals in Middle Eastern Studies (Mostly in Western scripts/languages. Maintained at NYU by Charles Jones and Peter Magierski as part of a blog entitled Access to Mideast and Islamic Resources (AMIR). (Started in December 5, 2010).
- Open CRS provides access to Congressional Research Service reports in public domain.
- Oral History Program, the
Foundation for Iranian Studies
- Orient formerly "Journal of Near & Middle Eastern Studies" / The Near & Middle Eastern Civilizations Student Union at the University of Toronto. "The NMCSU represents students at the University of Toronto enrolled in NMC courses and those working towards an NMC minor, major, or specialist.
We serve as a liaison between students and faculty to help improve the student experience and make their voices heard. By organizing lectures, discussions, film festivals, graduate seminars, and socials pertaining to the historical and contemporary Middle East, we bring a sense of community and an advancing academic environment to the NMC department. We also process all NMC course evaluations to help students learn more about their courses and professors."
- Orient Bulletin: History, Society and Culture in Asia, the Middle East and Africa The Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO) is the only German research institute devoted to an interdisciplinary and comparative study of the Middle East, Africa, South, Southeast and Central Asia from a historical perspective. Current research focuses on the interaction between predominantly Muslim societies and their relations with non-Muslim neighbours. ZMO was founded in 1996 as one of six independent, non-profit research centres. Its current director is Prof. Ulrike Freitag, a Modern Middle East historian.
- The oriental annual: containing a series of tales, legends, & historical romances (Universitätsbibliothek Heidelberg)
- Orientalia Suecana Orientalia Suecana is an international journal of Indological, Iranian, Semitic, Sinological and Turkic studies founded in 1952 and published anually or biannualy. Further information about the journal is available here, including information about earlier volumes and an electronic order form. Starting with vol. 58 (2009) the journal is published online, with open access).
- OTAM (Osmanlı Tarihi Araştırma ve Uygulama Merkezi Dergisi) English title: Journal of the Center for Ottoman Studies, Ankara University.
Publisher: Ankara Üniversitesi Osmanlı Tarihi Araştırma ve Uygulama Merkezi. Language: Turkish and English, with abstracts in both languages.
- İnternet Ortamında OSMANLI ARAŞTIRMALARI Kaynakları -- "Ottoman Studies Resources in [sic] Internet"
- Ottoman History Podcast Published by PhD students from Georgetown University this collection contains recordings of various lengths on topics related to Ottoman history, politics, and culture. Each podcast is accompanied by selected bibliography on the topic.
- Oxford Journal of Islamic
- PADIS: Palestine Archaeological Databank and Information System An interactive databank created to promote the safeguard of archaeological and historical sites and as a scientific and practical tool for the protection, study, and cultural valorization.
A database including satellite images, aerial photos, excavation photos, topographic maps, and updated bibliographical references, expandable with the cooperation of Palestinian scholars and institutions.
- Pakistan Armed Forces Journal
- Pakistan Journal of Library & Information Science
- The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) Newsletter PARC's newsletter is published semi-annually and mailed to its members. Profiles for PARC research fellows are found in the newsletters of the corresponding years. For example, the 2002-2003 fellows' profiles are found in the Fall 2002 and Spring 2003 newsletters.
- The Palestinian strategic report."The Palestinian Strategic Report is a highly academic annual report that assesses the Palestinian situation. It rigorously studies the developments of various aspects of the Palestinian issue, i.e., internal political affairs, economic development, demographic indicators, the Arab, Islamic and international stands and the Israeli attitudes and policies, all within an academic, well-documented context that is supported with the most recent statistical data..."
- PASSIA Bulletins
- Pattern in Islamic Art "This website offers a FREE download of over 4000 images of patterns and other design features drawn from the rich cultural heritage of the Islamic world. Historically, the decorative arts have always formed a major part of Islamic aesthetic expression. Its remarkable achievements in this direction (much of which are represented here) make it an invaluable resource for designers of all kinds as well as for art-historians and art-lovers generally."
- Periodica Islamica
- Persian Literary Studies Journal a joint publication of Shiraz University and Iran Academy of Literary Criticism. This is an academic peer-reviewed journal designed to explore a wide range of issues of current concern to those working in the field of Persian Literature around the world, including classical and modern literature which will be published twice each year.
- Perspectives / Woolf Institute, studying relations between Jews, Christians & Muslims (University of Cambridge) "The Woolf Institute is dedicated to teaching, research and dialogue in the encounter between Jews, Christians and Muslims. It is an umbrella organisation for the Centre for the Study of Jewish–Christian Relations (CJCR, founded in 1998) and the Centre for the Study of Muslim–Jewish Relations (CMJR, established in 2006). The Woolf Institute is named in honour of Lord Harry Woolf, former Lord Chief Justice, who gives it his full support and encouragement."
- Perspectives Perspectives Middle East is a publication series of the Heinrich Böll Stiftung’s offices in Beirut and Ramallah that seeks to provide a platform for presenting analysis and viewpoints primarily of experts from the region. (PDF---->Perspectives Middle East No.1: Nuclear Energy and the Arab World)
- Princeton Online Arabic Poetry Project
- Proche-Orient Chrétien (POC)
Vol. 1 (1955) - vol. 55 (2005) Some pieces of information: Ecumenical journal of the White Fathers of Saint Anne's at Jerusalem and the Faculty of Religious Studies of Religious Sciences of Saint Joseph University on theological thinking, spirituality, and actual life at the Oriental Mediterranean churches.
- Prosopography: as-Safadî = The Biographical Lexicon by as-Safadî online at the MENAdoc repository (ed. Oriental Institute of the German Oriental Society, Beirut; series Bibliotheca Islamica)
- Al Qantir: Monografías y documentos sobre la historia de Tarifa La posición estratégica de Tarifa, situada en la frontera entre dos mares, dos continentes y dos civilizaciones, la ha dotado de una historia única en España. No sorprende por ello que el destino de nuestro país se decidiera en más de una ocasión en las tierras tarifeñas.
Desde hace algunos años se están realizando incesantes investigaciones sobre lo que ocurrió en Tarifa en los tiempos pretéritos. Para dar publicidad a estos estudios ha nacido AL QANTIR, dedicada a la edición de monografías y documentos sobre la Historia de Tarifa.
- al-Qantara (Revista de Estudios Árabes)
- Qantara.de (Arabic: qantara = bridge) is an Internet portal in German, English, Arabic and Turkish, designed to promote intercultural dialogue between the Western and the Islamic world.
The portal was founded on the initiative of the German Foreign Office, in reaction to the crisis ridden developments in relations to Islamic cultures in the wake of the shock of the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 in the USA. Online since March 2003, the platform is jointly run by the German Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb), Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW), the Goethe-Institut (GI) and the German Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (ifa), and is funded by the foreign office. The task of the joint dialogue project is to promote understanding between the various cultures, with the aim of combating ignorance and prejudice through knowledge.
- Quaderns de la Mediterránia forms part of the series of projects of the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) that contribute to intercultural dialogue.
- Rahavard Persian Journal: A Persian
Journal of Iranian Studies
Institute for Women's Studies in the Arab World; Lebanese American University
- Al Rawi: Egypt's Heritage Review. Quarterly bilingual publication on Egyptian History and Heritage, from the early days of Narmer and the dawn of the Pharaonic era to the early twentieth century and the final days of the Mohamed Ali Dynasty.
- Religions : a scholarly journal.
[Dawḥah] : Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue, 2009-
Editor-in-chief: Patrick Laude
"Religions/Adyân is an annual and bi-lingual (English and Arabic) publication in interfaith studies published by the Doha International Center for Interfaith Dialogue with an emphasis on inter-religious dialogue and the relations between Islam and other faiths."
- REORIENT is an online magazine celebrating contemporary Middle Eastern arts & culture. As the name suggests, we’re here to provide a fresh and modern perspective on topics related to the arts & culture of the Middle East, and positively change the way people – including Middle Easterners themselves – view this vast, diverse, and culturally-rich region.
Founded in 2012 by Joobin Bekhrad, an Iranian-Canadian entrepreneur and lover of all things Middle Eastern, REORIENT is based in Toronto, Canada, and is made possible by the efforts of contributors all over the world."
- Report on Israeli settlement in the occupied territories : a bimonthly publication of the Foundation for Middle East Peace. Author: Foundation for Middle East Peace (Washington, D.C.)
Publisher: Washington, D.C. : Foundation for Middle East Peace.
- Research Unit Intellectual History of the Islamicate World e-Newsletter The Research Unit Intellectual History of the Islamicate World at Freie Universität Berlin (established in 2011 and exclusively funded through third-party funding) strives to contribute to a peaceful atmosphere between Muslims and non-Muslims both in the Muslim world and in the global context. Its members are committed to groundbreaking research in a variety of aspects of the Intellectual History of the Islamicate World in the medieval, pre-modern and early modern periods. The results of their efforts are communicated not only to the scholarly communities in the Muslim and the non-Muslim world but also to a wider public in East and West.
- La rivista di Arablit (
Publisher: Roma : Istituto per l'Oriente C. A. Nallino. Start Year: 2011 Frequency: Semi-annually Language: Italian
- Revue Africaine (Société historique algérienne) Contents of vols. 1-106 (1856-1962) - PDF = Journal des travaux de la Société historique algérienne [initially edited by Louis- Adrien Berbrugger, La Revue africaine began to appear on a monthly basis in September 1856.]
- Revue de presse égyptienne (Revue de presse égyptienne compilée régulièrement à partir du Bulletin d’Information Archéologique (BIA) qui paraît sous le double parrainage de l’IFAO et de la chaire « Civilisation pharaonique : archéologie, philologie et histoire » du Collège de France.)
- La Revue de Téhéran: Mensuel culturel iraniennes en langue française
- (Tehran Magazine) is an Iranian monthly magazine published in French, mainly devoted to issues pertaining to Iranian culture and and traditions. Founded in October 2005, it is affiliated to the Ettela'at foundation that publishes not only a widely circulated newspaper equally entitled Ettela'at, but also many other scientific and cultural works. With its headquarters being located in Tehran, it is the only Iranian magazine written in French to be equally distributed beyond its national frontiers to France and other francophone countries worldwide. Its aim is not only to promote a better understanding of Iranian culture abroad, but also to promote the use of French in Iran.
- Créé en octobre 2005, la Revue de Téhéran est à l’heure actuelle le seul magazine iranien en langue française. Il connaît aujourd’hui une large diffusion au sein de l’Iran et compte également de nombreux abonnés en France et dans plusieurs pays francophones. Sa direction est placée sous l’égide de la Fondation Ettelaat, qui, depuis sa création en 1934, n’a cessé d’éditer, outre son quotidien du même nom, de nombreuses publications scientifiques, culturelles, ou consacrées aux sciences humaines. Il s’adresse à la fois à un public français et iranien francophone, et vise à faire connaître et à approfondir certains aspects historiques, philosophiques, ou sociaux de la culture iranienne. Il traite également de la littérature et aborde certains grands débats sociopolitiques iraniens et français actuels. Le but de cette Revue est non seulement de faire connaître davantage les multiples richesses de l’Iran et de participer ainsi, même modestement, au “dialogue des civilisations”, mais également de contribuer à la promotion de la langue française en Iran et dans tous les pays distribuant notre magazine. Elle vise de plus à favoriser la recherche comparée sur des thèmes communs à ces deux cultures, et à ouvrir de nouveaux domaines d’études et de coopération entre l’Iran et la France. Nous opérons également une sélection attentive de nos contributeurs, universitaires spécialisés dans un domaine de recherche particulier et ayant en commun une parfaite maîtrise de la langue française.
- Revue des Lettres et de Traduction (USEK) The Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK) is a private Catholic higher education institution founded by the Lebanese Maronite Order (LMO) in 1961.
- Revue des mondes musulmans et de la Méditerranée (REMMM) Depuis 1966, la Revue des Mondes Musulmans et de la Méditerranée publie des études en sciences humaines et sociales concernant l’ensemble du monde musulman. Grâce à ses deux séries « Histoire » et « Monde contemporain », la REMMM assume de façon équilibrée sa double vocation de revue historique et d’observatoire du temps présent. Dotée d’instances scientifiques indépendantes, la REMMM est une revue à Comité de lecture dont tous les textes publiés sont soumis à l’évaluation de spécialistes des disciplines concernées. Elle est publiée en version papier en partenariat avec les Presses Universitaires de Provence. Elle est également disponible en ligne sur les portails Revue.org et Persée. Ce sont ainsi plus de 40 ans de recherches sur les mondes arabes et musulmans qui sont en libre accès.
La REMMM est publiée en ligne en texte intégral ; les formats détachables (pdf, ePub) sont accessibles par l’abonnement à la formule freemium.
- Revue Théologique de Kaslik (USEK)
- Revue Tunisienne L'Institut du Monde Arabe (Paris) 1894 (numéro 1--)
- The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center
- Sada.[Arab Reform Bulletin published since 2003 by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace has recently changed its name to Sada]
- "Samandal is the first trilingual, amphibious comics magazine open to submissions issued in the Middle East"
- Scholars and Scholarship on Women and Islamic Cultures - A Study of Ph.D. Dissertations: 1960–2002
- Shahadat A quarterly online series designed to provide a platform for experimentation and promotion of short form writing on the web. Shahadat features stories, vignettes, reflections, and chronicles written by young or underexposed writers from the Middle East and North Africa on ArteEast Online in translation and the original language of Arabic, Farsi or Turkish."
- Shangri La Working Papers in Islamic Art is an online academic series devoted to research on the collections of the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art.
- Sharq al-Andalus La revista científica Sharq Al-Andalus. Estudios Árabes fue fundada en 1984 por los profesores Míkel de Epalza y María Jesús Rubiera del Área de Estudios Árabes e Islámicos de la Universidad de Alicante, para publicar fundamentalmente trabajos de investigación históricos relativos a las tierras del Levante de la Península Ibérica en época musulmana y de ahí su nombre de Sharq Al-Andalus.
- Sharqiyya (E-Journal for Middle Eastern Studies) E-journal in English published twice a year by MEISAI and the Department of Middle East and African History at Tel Aviv University. The journal is edited by research students and invites faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars to take part in a new and unique undertaking in the field of Middle East and African studies and history.
- as-Sikka السكة (Study
of Islamic numismatics. The e-Journal of the Islamic Coins Group ) nNo longer available at the original website of The Islamic Coins Group. It remains accessible is several iterations at the IA Wayback Machine.
- Silk Road Journal. Publisher: Saratoga, Calif. : Silkroad Foundation, 2003-
"The Silk Road Journal is dedicated to public education about the history and cultures of Eurasia, especially in pre-modern times. While we invoke the historic "Silk Road" in our title, our view of the Silk Roads is an expansive one, encompassing pre-history, the era beginning with the establishment of trans-Eurasian trade and cultural interaction some two millennia ago, and the subsequent history of those interactions down through the centuries. Modern evocations of cultural traditions are of interest, especially in the areas which historically have been the domain of pastoral nomads. We publish articles by well known scholars and those who have other expertise on the regions and material of interest. Where possible we are communicating the results of the latest research, including new archaeological investigations. The journal also serves as the means to alert readers about upcoming programs connected with Silk Road topics."
- SOAS Literary Review a refereed journal edited by research students of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. The journal seeks to provide an international forum for research students working on humanities topics and focusing on Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Papers on literature, art. film and media are welcome. We encourage We contributions on all aspects of postgraduate research including papers, translations, fieldwork commentaries , and book and media reviews. We hope to stimulate dialogue between research students and scholars and forge links across institutions.
All articles accepted for publication are refereed by one established academic and one research student specialising in the particular field.
- Society for Iranian Archaeology
- The status of human rights in Palestine : annual report
- Studia graeco-arabica (features critical articles and reviews on the transmission of philosophical and scientific texts from and into various languages – Greek, Syriac, Arabic, and Latin – from late Antiquity to the Middle Ages and Renaissance).
- Studia Islamica: Nouvelle Série / New Series "Studia Islamica offers to the learned public, and not to Islamic scholars only, papers written (preferably in English and in French), by qualified specialists on subjects from all sections of the vast field of Islamic studies. Whilst the authors enjoy complete freedom of opinion, emphasis is laid on the general aspects of the subjects treated in these studies. Special attention is paid to discussions of method to comprehensive views, and to new conclusions."
- Studia Orientalia Electronica Studia Orientalia Electronica (StOrE) is a peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal publishing original research articles and reviews in all fields of Asian and African studies. The main areas of interest are: African studies, Arabic and Islamic Studies, Semitic Studies, Altaic studies, East Asian Studies, South Asian Studies, Arabic Linguistics, Assyriology, Egyptology, Japanese Studies.
- Studies in Contemporary Islam (Past issues of Studies in Contemporary Islam are available for download as portable document format (PDF))
- Syrian Studies Association Newsletter The Syrian Studies Association (SSA) is an international association organized to encourage and promote research and scholarly understanding of Syria in all academic disciplines. The SSA defines Syria as the area included in historic "Bilad al-Sham" until 1918 and Syria following that. We invite scholars who study the peoples and territories of what is today Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine before 1918 and those who study Syria after that to join our organization and to contribute to our newsletter. The Newsletter is particularly interested in articles on research and scholarship underway in Syria; reviews of new books on Syria, particularly those in Arabic and those that are not widely distributed; and articles on research and study opportunities in Syria.
- T. E. Lawrence Studies (This is a peer-reviewed online research journal, focused on the life and career of T.E. Lawrence.)
- TAARII Newsletter: The American Academic Research Institute in Iraq The American Academic Research Institute in Iraq (TAARII — formerly the American Association for Research in Baghdad, AARB) has been established to promote scholarly research on and in Iraq and ancient Mesopotamia. The Institute, a consortium of American universities and museums, intends to establish a multidisciplinary American scholarly research center in Iraq when conditions permit. TAARII raises funds for graduate and post-graduate fellowships for Americans to work on Iraq in as broad a range of disciplines as possible. It also has a fellowship program for Iraqi academics to aid them in carrying out research in Iraq. TAARII initiates its own research projects and fosters joint projects between American and Iraqi academics. Like similar American overseas research centers, TAARII has as its primary focus the humanities and social sciences, as well as closely related natural sciences, but it will facilitate outstanding research in any legitimate academic field.
- Tahrir Documents "is an ongoing effort to archive, translate, and make available printed matter from the 2011 Egyptian Revolution and its aftermath. We are not affiliated with the papers’ authors nor with any political organization, Egyptian or otherwise."
- التسامح = al-Tasamoh = al-Tasāmuḥ
- Published by: Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs of the Sultanate of Oman
In Arabic - First Issue - Fall 2004 in English
Not all issues are available online.
The journal continues under the title al-Tafahom = التفاهم.
"The journal al-Tasamoh welcomes all scholarly research and studies that address and analyze contemporary Islamic issues, focusing on the Quran, Prophetic tradition, or Islamic law. The journal publishes scholarly research of the highest standards centered on dialogue and discussion of current issues, and welcomes studies that concentrate on the current situation of Arab and Muslim societies. Our aim is to publish papers which examine issues imbedded in Muslim discourse and thought with emphasis upon the broad scope of relations among different disciplines and areas of study, including Orientalism, studies of the West, acculturation, the dialogue of civilizations, and religious tolerance. Such studies are published alongside critical examinations of classical and modern literary texts that highlight the intellectual and ideological transformations of contemporary Arab and Muslim societies. "
- Tassmeem (a refereed, open access, international design journal that provides a multi-modal forum for the exchange of ideas and findings on all aspects of creative research. The aim of Tassmeem is to publish high quality, thought-provoking, original research that engages in the evolving scholarship of design. The journal has a special interest in research related to, or about, the Middle East, and in particular, to design research that addresses modernization and the preservation of traditions, economic growth, social development and environmental stewardship.)
- Teaching the Middle East: A Resource for Educators
- Takam Tikou: La revue en ligne du livre et de la lecture des enfants et des jeunes takamtikou.bnf.fr, revue en ligne du livre et de la lecture des enfants et des jeunes en Afrique, dans le Monde arabe, la Caraïbe et l’océan Indien, est une publication du Centre national de la littérature pour la jeunesse – La Joie par les livres, service du Département Littérature et art de la Bibliothèque nationale de France. Le Centre a pour but de développer toutes les actions susceptibles de favoriser l’accès de l’enfant au livre et à la lecture. Pour plus d’information, consulter le site du CNLJ-JPL lajoieparleslivres.bnf.fr.
- Tasavvuf: İlmî ve Akademik Araştırma Dergisi
- Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique Previously available only on a CD with periodic updates, the 10th edition is now available free on the web. Registration required.
- Transcendent philosophy: an international journal for comparative philosophy and mysticism. Start Year : 2000- "Transcendent Philosophy Journal is an academic peer-reviewed journal published by the London Academy of Iranian Studies (LAIS) and aims to create a dialogue between Eastern, Western and Islamic Philosophy and Mysticism is published in December. Contributions to Transcendent Philosophy do not necessarily reflect the views of the editorial board or the London Academy of Iranian Studies."
- Translations of Shaykhi, Babi and Baha'i Texts
Broadcasting Studies (an electronic journal published by the Adham Center
for Television Journalism, the American University in Cairo)
- Transoxiana: Journal Libre de Estudios Orientales
- A True Word(weekly publication)
- Türk Coğrafya Dergisi Türk Coğrafya Dergisi 1943 yılında Türk Coğrafyacıların bilimsel çalışmalarını uluslararası bilim dünyasına duyurmak üzere çıkarılmaya başlanmıştır.
1974 yılında basılan 26. sayısına kadar bazen sürekli, bazen aralıklarla yayın hayatına devam eden dergimizi, bu tarihten sonra 18 yıl süre ile yayınlamak mümkün olmamıştır. 1992 yılında 27. sayısı ile tekrar yayın hayatına dönen Türk Coğrafya Dergisi, 1999 yılından itibaren hakemli dergiye dönüştürülmüş, 2001 yılından itibaren ise yılda iki kez yayınlanmaya başlamıştır.
Türk Coğrafya Kurumu günün koşullarına uyum ve erişilebilirliği arttırma adına Türk Coğrafya Dergisi'nin 2009 yılından itibaren elektronik dergi olarak da yayınlanmasına da karar vermiştir. Yayın dönemleri Haziran ve Aralıktır.
Baskısı tükenmiş dergiler öncelikli olmak üzere, daha önce basılmış olan sayıların da elektronik ortama aktarılması işlemleri devam etmektedir.
- Türk Dili ve Edebiyatı Dergisi İstanbul Üniversitesi Edebiyat Fakültesi Türk Dili ve Edebiyatı Dergisi ilk olarak 1946 yılında Ahmet Caferoğlu tarafından çıkarılmaya başlanmışş olup halen yayın hayatına devam etmektedir. Şu anki dergi sorumlusu Prof. Dr. Mustafa Özkan'dır.
- Türk Kütüphaneciliği - Turkish Librarianship - [continuing Türk Kütüphaneciler Derneği Bülteni]
- Türkçe Edebiyat Kültür Eğitim Dergisi / Atatürk Üniversitesi. International Journal of Turkish Literature Culture Education. Uluslararası Türkçe Edebiyat Kültür Eğitim Dergisi üç aylık aralıklarla yılda dört defa (Mart, Haziran, Eylül, Aralık) düzenli olarak yayımlanması planlanan, internet üzerinden yayın yapan, elektronik nitelikte uluslararası hakemli bilimsel bir dergidir.
- Turkic Languages Frequency: Semi-annually -
Text in: German, Turkish, French, English. A journal devoted to linguistic Turcology. It addresses descriptive, comparative, synchronic, diachronic, theoretical and methodological problems of the study of Turkic languages including questions of genetic, typological and areal relations, linguistic variation and language acquisition.
- Turkish Oral Narrative Online Uysal - Walker Archive of Turkish Oral Narrative (U-W ATON)
- Turkish Yearbook of International Relations/ Milletlerarası Münasebetler Türk Yıllığı tri-lingual Yearbook of International Relations, with contributions in. Turkish, English, and French.
- Türkiye Jeoloji Bülteni - Geological Bulletin of Turkey
- "Turkologischer Anzeiger" / Turkology Annual Online "The “Turkologischer Anzeiger/Turkology Annual” (TA), founded by Andreas Tietze (†) and György Hazai, is an indispensable systematic bibliography for Turkology and Ottoman Studies. Experts from all over the world contribute to its compilation, which is funded by several institutions including the UNESCO. The 26 volumes, edited by the Department of Oriental Studies of the University of Vienna, have until now only appeared in printed form."
- Updates on the Middle East Recent Reports, Proceedings, Analyses and Papers from the Internet on the Middle East & Africa, Islam and Related Issues. Selected and disseminated by Marion Gliksberg at the Library of the Mosht Dayan Center, Tel Aviv University.
al-Wusta (Bulletin of Middle East Medievalists (MEM))
- Vaseteh - Journal of the European Society for Iranian Studies "Published by the European Society for Iranian Studies - Rome-based non-profit institution aimed at developing a European network of academics, scholars and experts on Iranian politics, economy, history and socio-religious issues. The European Society for Iranian Studies was founded in 2005 to support and promote the field of Iranian studies and research at an international level in Europe and worldwide. The Society develops studies in economic, political, military, social and cultural change in Iran in the twentieth century as well as the expectations for change in the twenty-first century."
- The Walters Art Museum - Digital Walters Islamic Manuscripts. All Walters manuscript images were created and are provided through a Preservation and Access grant awarded to The Walters Art Museum by the National Endowment for the Humanities, 2008-2010.
- Waly Center Journal The Waly Center Journal is a themed on-line publication that comes out three times a year. Each issue presents a different theme related to the built environment and usually reflecting a topic we are working on. The center produces the WCJ in-house and is open to outside contributions depending on the theme.
- The Washington Review of Turkish & Eurasian Affairs is an online journal for scholarly discussion of political, social, and economic issues affecting Turkish and Eurasian societies. The journal presents a forum on a broad range of topics and facilitates building, sharing, exchange and dissemination of ideas aimed at both professional and general audiences.
- The Women's Library and Information Center Foundation "the first and only women related library and archive in Turkey" (Turkish and English)
- Women's library in İstanbul
- World Bank - Open Knowledge Repository
- Yale-SOAS Islamic Manuscript Gallery
- Yearbook of
Islamic and Middle Eastern Law
- Yemen Update Online Published by : American Institute for Yemeni Studies. ISSN: 1072-9062. The electronic version of the AIYS annual bulletin Yemen Update, known here as Yemen Update Online, features articles about research in Yemen, literature reviews, and human interest pieces on Yemeni and Islamic culture. Yemen Update Online was originally designed by Daniel Martin Varisco as Yemen Update Online / Yemen Webdate, incorporating the contents of the paper version of the bulletin as Yemen Update Online, while the Yemen Website section featured exclusive internet-only content.
- Your Middle East is a new type of media that is network based, fast-moving, lean, and grassroots – closely connected to events on-the-ground. We're different, dynamic and closer to reality! By engaging citizen journalists, bloggers, tweeters and combining that with newswires, professional writers and high-profile commentators we provide a much more interesting soup than what a traditional media company can ever produce.
We would like to invite you to join us on our journey towards bringing the Middle East closer to the rest of the world. It is our great hope that you will find Your Middle East useful, interesting and important.
Your Middle East is privately owned and funded; an entirely independent company that receives no kind of support or financing from any special interests."
- Yükseköğretim ve Bilim Dergisi - Journal of Higher Education and Science the official journal of Zonguldak Karaelmas University; directed mainly to specialties dealing with higher education, including universities, institutes of technology, research centers and vocational institutions.
- Zaman Amerika
- Zaman Weekly
- Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenlaendischen Gesellschaft (ZDMG) Bd. 1 (1847)-155 (2005) + supplements, etc.
- Zeitschrift für islamische Studien (ZIS) (edited by the Institute for Studies of Culture and Religion of Islam at Goethe University Frankfurt on the Main)
- Zeitschrift für die Religionslehre des Islam (ZRLI) / Interdisziplinären Zentrum für Islamische Religionslehre (IZIR) an der Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen Nürnberg (FAU).
- ZemZem: Tijdschrift over het Midden-Oosten, Noord-Afrika en islam [Some open content] Tijdschrift over het Midden-Oosten, Noord-Afrika en islam (Amsterdam, Nederland).
- ZMO, Zentrum Moderner Orient Jahresbericht. Other title: Jahresbericht des Zentrum Moderner Orient.
International Relations & World
Politics, et al.
Middle East & Islamic Studies,
Ali Houissa, The Middle East & Islamic Studies Bibliographer. URL: http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast