Middle East &
Islamic Studies Collection
*Last update: 2 Aug., 2010*
- إنجليزي -عربي قاموس wordreference.com
Language: Dictionaries - MavicaNET
- A. E. D. (Arabic Etymological Dictionary) / Andras Rajki, 2002
- Arabic-Hebrew Dictionary of Modern Arabic
- Arabterm (German-English-French-Arabic--"The Technical Dictionary ARABTERM.ORG is a joint publication of the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).")
Egyptian-German Dictionary : An Internet-searchable database
- Brockelmann Online (will consist of both original volumes Geschichte der arabischen Litteratur (GAL) by Carl Brockelmann (1868-1956), as well as the three supplement volumes, including the indexes. It is full-text searchable, making it much easier to consult for researchers and students. The "Brockelmann" has become an indispensible research tool for anyone working on the Islamic world in general and the Middle East in particular).
- The Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences Digitized Slip Archive of the Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache
- The California Superior Court's Arabic/English Glossary
- A Comprehensive
Persian-English Dictionary, Including the Arabic Words and Phrases to be Met
with in Persian Literature. [Steingass, Francis Joseph, 1825-1903]
- Dictionary of synonyms (Arabic-English-Arabic)
- Dictionary of Targumim, Talmud and Midrashic Literature by Marcus Jastrow 1926
- Edward William Lane, An Arabic-English Lexicon
- E.W. Lane's
Arabic-English Lexicon (Dictionary)
- Enzyklopädie des Islam (An encyclopedia with Islamic-shi'ite tendency in German and (partially) Arabic)
- English to Arabic
- Glossary of
Islamic Terms and Concepts
- Islamic Dictionary
- Ibn Manzûr, Lisân al-'arab
- al-Jawharî: Tâj al-lugha wa-sihâh al-'arabiyya Vol. 1 & 2, ed. Bûlâq -- zipped word-files (20 volumes) from almeshkat.com (salafi)
- Mawsû'at al-fiqh al-islâmî tibqan li-madhhab ahl al-bayt ('alayhim as-salâm)
- The Nijmegen Dutch-Arabic Dictionary Project
Salaam Biographical Dictionary contains over 2000 biographical entries compiled
by M. Nauman Khan
- Semitic Roots Index / The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000. ("to allow the reader to trace English words derived from Semitic languages back to their fundamental components in Proto-Semitic").
- Taj al-arous (Al Waraq الوراق )
- Tâj al-'arûs الزبيدي*= العروس تاج
- Turkish-English &
- Türkmen-English Dictionary
[A SPA Project of Peace Corps Turkmenistan]
of Arabic Dictionaries (John Hinton) Unedited bibliography of Arabic
dictionaries, glossaries and lexicons
Contributions to the Spanish Language by Habeeb Salloum
- Prosopography: as-Safadî = The Biographical Lexicon by as-Safadî online at the MENAdoc repository (ed. Oriental Institute of the German Oriental Society, Beirut; series Bibliotheca Islamica)
- LookLex Encyclopaedia ("LookLex is a Norway based media house presenting North Africa and the Middle East to a mainly western audience. (...) aims at defining the region according to international human rights and ideals of equality and respect for the differences between people)
- Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique. The goal of the Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique is to bring together all of the inscriptions in Arabic, Persian and Turkish (as well as in other "small"
languages) from the Muslim world up to the year 1000 of the Hegira.
The Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique is a vital resource for historians, art historians and other specialists of the region.
WORD FREQUENCY COUNTS / Frequency Lists
Middle East &
Ali Houissa, The Middle East & Islamic Studies Bibliographer.