[Participant statements index]
What users want to see in a Digital Math Library
Steven W. Rockey, Director of the Mathematics Library
Cornell University Library
- Everything in the mathematics literature that is available online
- Literature subject range as per Math Reviews & Zentralblatt
- Possibly the entire mathematics literature even if it is not online -- This could also serve as the to do list for continuing digitization
- Full literature coverage including contents such as editorials, news, obituaries, commentaries, reviews, translations, etc.
- Serial title and abbreviation lists with multiple access points that can be browsed
- In depth access to reference materials including dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, directories, etc.
- One stop site that can search all relevant sources
- One click access to full text online
- Google-like searching but to only the literature of mathematics
- Reference linking
- Related works by citations, other users’ activity, or other methods
- Document delivery options for users who cannot gain access to text because of subscription limitations
- Extensive online help documentation including contact information.
Steven W. Rockey
Director of the Mathematics Library
420B Malott Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-7901
Office: (607) 255-5268
Home: (607) 272-8925 or 273-3807
Fax: (607) 254-5023