|Olin Kroch Uris Course Reserve|
Information for Students
Materials in the electronic reserve system include articles, class lecture notes, problem sets, sample exams, and portions of books. No copies of entire books are available in electronic reserve. These may still be checked out at the circulation desk.
In order to protect copyright, students will be required to log in, using their Cornell ID number. Any Web-based computer (with an Adobe Acrobat reader) will display electronic course reserve materials.
Steps involved in accessing electronic course reserve materials:
1. From the Library Gateway, click on "Find Course Reserves" on the left side of the screen (see below).
Alternatively, you can begin by accessing the Cornell Library Catalog. From there, click on "Course Reserve" (see below).
2. Either of the above methods will open the Course Reserve index in the online catalog. From there, you can search by using any of the four drop-down menus. Please search only one field at a time. Searching multiple fields may confuse your search due to slight misspellings or other inaccuracies.
3. The next screen will display all of the reserve materials for the course, department, or instructor you selected. Electronic reserve readings will begin with an asterisk. They will appear at the top of the list, as shown below.
4. Clicking on an "Electronic Reserve Readings" heading will display a list of all electronic reserve readings for that course.
5. Click on the title of the reading you need. The log-in screen will appear. A valid Cornell ID number is required to access electronic course reserve readings.
6. Once you log in, the list of electronic reserve readings for that course will reappear, this time without the "Login Required" message.
7. Now when you click on the title, the reading will be displayed in Adobe Acrobat. The document can either be read from the screen or printed out.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Uris Library circulation desk at 255-3537 or email@example.com. If you would like more information on electronic reserve, please contact Carmen Blankinship, Access Services Librarian at 255-9567 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be sent to the course reserve mailbox at email@example.com
course reserve home | search reserve listings | e-reserve general info | contact oku reserve