Five students receive Library’s top award
The Library is pleased to announce this year’s winners of the Fuerst Award. Each winner received $500, the largest financial award for student employees on campus.
From left to right, they are:
- Rachael Moxley ’09, Physical Sciences Library
- Matthew Stukus ’09, Olin-Kroch-Uris Access Services
- Annie Kearns ’09, Facilities & Business Operations Office
- William Chen ’09, Fine Arts Library
- Kristen Alldredge ’09, Library Technical Services
Anne R. Kenney, Carl A. Kroch University Librarian, is pictured on the far right.
William F. Fuerst Jr. ’39, a stalwart supporter of the Library, created the annual award in 1995 to recognize outstanding student employees for their exceptional performance, leadership and library service to the campus. Two decades ago, Fuerst was named “
“foremost benefactor of Cornell”; in 2000, he received the Frank H.T. Rhodes Exemplary Alumni Service Award.