Middle East and Islamic
- Internet Islamic History Sourcebook Internet History Sourcebooks Project Fordham University. The Jesuit University of New York. Paul Halsall, Editor
- Tradition and Innovation in the Study of Islamic
History: The Evolution of North American Scholarship since 1960Lecture at
the University of Tokyo ; Comments on the Lecture by Masashi HANEDA (lecture
presented: 21 October, 1997)
- Islam online
- Islamic Heritage Project
- Resources for the Study of Islam
- Suggested Resources for the Study of Islam
Islamic Civilization with Information Technology / Corinne Blake
- Islam - IslamiCity in Cyberspace
- Mamalist of Islamic Links!
- Glossary of
Islamic Terms and Concepts
- Comparative Index to Islam
- Resources on Islam
Islamic History Sourcebook
- Catholic Encyclopedia: ISLAM (CONCEPT)
- Chronology of Islamic Civilization (Based on
the "Chronological Table" in Gerhard Endress, An Introduction to
Islam, tr. Carole Hillenbrand, New York:Columbia University Press. 1988)
- How Islam Won, and Lost, the Lead in Science
- Islamic Studies,
Arabic, and Religion (Web Page of Professor Alan Godlas of the University of
- The Islamic Gallery, Stanford
University (Broad collection of photos, video clips, and sound files
relating to Islam. The video clips, which include newsreel footage, movie
scenes, and public lectures, can be searched by language and subject matter)
- Islam in Southeast Asia / The Australian National University
- The Roots of
Muslim Rage: Why so many Muslims deeply resent the West, and why their
bitterness will not easily be mollified / Bernard Lewis: The Atlantic
Monthly; September 1990; The Roots of Muslim Rage; Volume 266, No. 3;
pages 47 - 60.
- Rural Society in Medieval Islam: ‘History of the Fayyum’
This website offers the tools for a micro-study of the social, economic and demographic realities of the medieval Fayyum. It contains an expansive database that brings together the entire fiscal, demographic and geographic information contained in the ‘History of the Fayyum’. We aim to provide researchers in a variety of disciplines (History, Archaeology, Economics, and Geography) with direct access to the data.
(Queen Mary, University of London).
- The Moral Economy of
Islam / Institute of International Studies; University of California,
Medical Manuscripts at the National Library of Medicine
- Al-Khazina - The
- American Finance House LARIBA
- Islamic Banking Network
- Islamic Finder
- Ahlul Bayt
- The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center
- Ibn Khaldûn
on the Web
- Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique. The goal of the Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique is to bring together all of the inscriptions in Arabic, Persian and Turkish (as well as in other "small"
languages) from the Muslim world up to the year 1000 of the Hegira.
The Thesaurus d'Epigraphie Islamique is a vital resource for historians, art historians and other specialists of the region.
- Taymiyyan Studies / Jon Hoover
Quran, Qirā'āt & Qur'anic Interpretation (tafsir)
- The Qur'an online
[English & Arabic]
- The Koran (Al-Qur'an) by George Sale - Free Ebook
- Quran app. (Tanzil.net) Quran's recitation for different reciters, over the mouse
translation and interpretation for different scholars.
- QuranDownload (a big archive of Quran Translations, It has Quran translations in almost all languages on the world. English, Arabic, Urdu, Download Quran ...)
- Online Qur'an Resources (constructed for an online virtual seminar conducted in 2002-2003 by Bruce Lawrence and Daniel Varisco as a pilot project of the SSRC, Social Science Research Council. Since then it has been updated annually.)
- Qur'anic Interpretation (tafsir)
- The Qirā'āt Identified In The Qur'ānic Manuscripts
- Qur'an (Yusuf Ali, Pickthall
and Shakir) (The Muslim Student Association at USC)
- keyword/phrase search
- Quran Index
The Crescent Quran Corpus: Word-for-word syntax and morphology of the Holy Quran
- The Quranic Arabic Corpus
- The Koran (Searchable
by keyword and browsable by chapter)
- A Brief Illustrated Guide To
Understanding Islam (Languages (soon): English - Español (Spanish) -
Français (French) - Deutsch (German) - (Chinese) - (Japanese) -
Italiano (Italian) - (Russian) - (Arabic))
- The Holy Qur'an
- The Study Quran: A New Translation with Notes and Commentary
- Al-Coranus, ed. Abraham Hinckelmann (1695)
- Qur'anic Recitation Radio
Al-Islam (Download the (free) RealPlayer to listen. Server is sometimes
- A searchable translation of
- Compared Translations of the meaning of the Quran Al-Qur'ân - Synoptical Translations
- Searchable Quran
- Quranic commentary (tafseer) /
- Qur'an and Hadith
- Tajwid Learn tajwiid online
- "What Is the Koran?" / Toby Lester (The
Atlantic Monthly, January 1999: p. 43-56)
- Zekr is an open source Quran study software for Windows, Linux and Mac. It's designed to ease access to the most authentic and valuable text of Muslims. Zekr provides Quran translations, recitation, search and other features to study Holy Quran."
- Advanced Qur'an search, Qur'an root
- Qur'an multi-recitation (online and offline)
- Bookmark management, Import, Export, Multi-bookmark
- Comparative translation / Search within translations
- The Minassian Collection of Qur'anic Manuscripts
A project of Brown University Library
This database catalogues the holdings of over 200 Qur’anic manuscript folios dating from the 9th to the 16th centuries housed within the special collections of the Brown University libraries. These items were acquired as part of a treasury of rich artistic and textual items donated in 1998 to Brown by Adrienne Minassian, the daughter of Kirkor Minassian (1874–1944), who was an active art collector and dealer based in New York and Paris in the early 20th century. In addition to the forty distinct manuscripts of the Qur’an represented here, the collection includes numerous Persian manuscripts, calligraphic panels, Persian and Central Asian ceramics and other art objects, as well as an impressive selection of miniature paintings from the Persian, Mughul and Indian traditions.
- The Qur'anic Manuscripts / Islamic Awareness.
- The Quran in East and West: Manuscripts and Printed Books The site is based on what originally was an exhibit at the Burke Library (Columbia University Libraries).
- La Bible et Le Coran D'André Chouraqui En Ligne The site is based on what originally was an exhibit at the Burke Library (Columbia University Libraries).
- ON THE ANTHROPOMORPHISM OF "SALAFIS" : The Sources of Ibn
- Muslim Marriage Contract in American Courts (by
Azizah Y. al-Hibri, Minaret of Freedom Banquet May 20, 2000 )
- Mawsû'at al-fiqh al-islâmî tibqan li-madhhab ahl al-bayt ('alayhim as-salâm)
- al-Mawsû'a al-fiqhiyya (Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence)
"(...) the most successful of a series of Islamic law encyclopaedias. (...) a cross between a dictionary and an encyclopaedia. The main entries consist of digests of various areas of Islamic law. Some of the articles are monographic in length. The exposition is synthetic - the law of each [sunnite, AN] school is not treated in seperate sections." Aron Zysow, in: Aptin Khanbaghi (ed.): Encyclopedias about Muslim Civilisations (2009), p. 18
- Mawsû'at 'âshûrâ' (A shi'ite encyclopedia)
- Mu'aamalat--Fiqh al-Mu'aamalat
- Bank of Fatwas (Algeria)
- Introduction to Minorities Jurisprudence [ARABIC] = [ENGLISH Translation] / Author: Taha Jaber Alalwani
- Fatwa Concerning the United States Supreme Courtroom Frieze / Author: Taha Jaber Alalwani
- Sheikh Fadlallah
- J. Schacht. "Law
and Justice" Cambridge Encyclopaedia of Islam, vol. II, pt.
VIII/chap. 4, pp. 539 ff.
- Fiqh Council of North America
- The Shariah Index Project
- Pew Research Center -- The World's Muslims: Unity and Diversity
"This report was produced by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.The Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. The center conducts public opinion polling, demographic studies, content analysis and other empirical social science research. It does not take positions on policy issues. The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life is a project of the Pew Research Center; it delivers timely, impartial information on the issues at the intersection of religion and public affairs in the U.S. and around the world. The Pew Research Center is an independently operated subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts."
to Religions Page
Middle East & Islamic Studies,
The Middle East & Islamic Studies Bibliographer.