Medical Center Archives
Medical Center Archives of NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell was established in 1972 to preserve, protect, and make available for public research the records of its parent institutions, as well as the records of other institutions that merged to form the current medical center. Major funding for the establishment of the archives was received from the National Institutes of Health and from the Josiah Macy, Jr., Foundation. In addition to the institutional records, Medical Center Archives holds approximately 150 collections of papers and manuscripts from noted individuals who have been associated with the institutions of the medical center. Also held by the archives are certain patient medical records. In total, the archives contains over 6,000 linear feet of papers and records that represent a continuous chronicle of health care, scientific research and medical education dating back to 1771.
2,458 print volumes
6,729 linear feet of archival and manuscript material