Below is a list of electronic tools developed by Cornell University Library.
Access online library resources, wherever you are.
When you’re off-campus, connect to databases and journals that would otherwise be restricted or hidden behind paywalls by dragging the Passkey icon to the top of your browser.
JAbbr is an online tool that helps you quickly decipher journal title abbreviations.
- Type an abbreviation
- JAbbr looks for potential matches among the journal titles in the Library's collections.
- Works for conference proceedings and other serial publications.
CUL New Books lists books, e-books, and other monographs that have recently been added to the Cornell University Library collections.
- Browse the list of new titles by location, language, or subject classification.
- Create RSS feeds for your custom list, which will be updated automatically each month.
Searching the library catalog for theses and dissertations within a specific department can be tricky. Thesis Tool allows you to choose from a list of academic disciplines, and view the matching items in the library catalog.
- View a list of academic disciplines
- Optionally, limit by library location (e.g. Mann)
- Click the link to view results in the Library Catalog
- Sort the results by date, author, etc.
With just the click of your mouse, LibX gives you access to Cornell University Library's online resources. Highlight a phrase or key word, right click and instantly search the online catalog or Google Scholar to discover Library materials on that subject. This Firefox plugin is much more than a toolbar! It gives users immediate access to online journal articles and more.