Connect with our Experts
- Meet with a librarian remotely - we offer remote research consultation services for students, faculty, and staff. These are in-depth, customized, one-on-one meetings to discuss resources and search strategies for assignments, papers, presentations, theses, and doctoral dissertations.
- Library liaisons - we have subject specialists who provide support for faculty and student research, instruction, and scholarly communication, who build rich library collections or can refer you to other library experts.
- Register for a workshop - we offer a wide variety of open workshops designed to help you in developing skills in library research, information management and computer applications.
- Cornell University Library's collections encompass a rich and varied universe of printed volumes, digital resources, maps, media and archival materials. The Library holds over 8 million volumes and over a million ebooks.
- Need to browse our collections? Our remote browsing guide can help guide you through some options to browse our collections.
Access to Materials
- Access to physical library materials is being phased in with stacks access and research by appointment. We are also offering contactless pick-up from several library locations on campus.
- Scanning Services - we can provide chapter and article scans electronically from our collections.
- Interlibrary Loan - need something that Cornell doesn't own? Make an interlibrary loan request!
- Request a purchase - We will do our best to fulfill Cornell community members’ requests for books and other items that are available in electronic form.
- Passkey - when you're off campus, connect to journals, databases and e-books that would otherwise be restricted or hidden behind paywalls.
Tools & Services
- Evidence synthesis support - we can help support a range of review methodologies, including systematic reviews, scoping reviews, evidence gap maps, umbrella reviews, and others.
- Research data management support - need help creating a data mangement plan or managing your data? We can help.
- Digital mapping and GIS support - we can help you access GIS software and learn how to use it, find geospatial data, connect with the local and regional GIS user groups, and get help when you need it.
- Text mining
- LibApps - the library has created tools that will help you find theses, decipher journal abbreviations, and more!
- Guides & Tutorials - we have thousands of skill guides that can help with citation management or guide you through data visualization.
Sharing your Research
- Scholarly communications and open access - we offer many services around creation, exchange, dissemination, evaluation, registration, and archiving of the outcomes of research and other scholarly activities.
- Copyright information and support
- Digitization - our Digitization services partners with Cornell faculty, unit libraries, the Library metadata group, and the Library IT department to make digital content available online easy to search and discover.
- The Library’s Chats in the Stacks book talks offer Cornell faculty an opportunity to share and discuss their recent publications. We feature up to eight book talks each semester, and for fall 2020 we are coordinating these as live webinars over Zoom. If you have a new or forthcoming book you would be interested in sharing in the future, please let us know!