We provide Cornell faculty, staff and students with Cornell-specific and general information about copyright.
- Assistance with investigating copyright status, fair use analysis and obtaining permission
- Advice on interpreting the university's policy on the use of electronic materials in the teaching
- For large projects, advisory services on copyright research and clearance workflow
- Consultation on managing copyright ownership for Cornell authors
- Customized copyright education programs for the Cornell community
- Referral when appropriate to other offices at Cornell
We maintain the Copyright Information Center website, which serves as an information clearinghouse and contains Cornell policies, general information, reference materials and information on the university's copyright awareness and education programs. It also has information on the copyright services of the following Cornell partners: Cornell Information Technologies, Office of Information Technologies, Office of University Counsel and the Cornell Store.
Note that we cannot provide legal advice; services are informational only.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.