Library-to-Library Book Delivery is a service for Cornell patrons. Patrons can request that an item be shipped from one library to another library of their choosing for more convenient pickup. Requests are made through the Library Catalog.
Quick facts about Library-to-Library Book Delivery
- Most circulating materials may be requested through this service, including books, serials, videos/DVDs, audio recordings and computer disks. Items that circulate for less than three days cannot be requested. Some special collection materials may also be excluded.
- Patrons cannot make requests to have items paged from and picked up at the same location.
- Requests will be filled within 48 hours, Monday through Friday.
- Items will be held for nine days at the selected pick-up library. After that time, unclaimed items will be shipped back to the owning library.
How to make a Library-to-Library Book Delivery Request
- Search the Library Catalog and display the record of the item you wish to request
- Click the "Request" button to the right of the title
- At the log-in screen, enter your NetID and password (if you are already authenticated, you will be sent directly to the request screen)
- Select the pickup location and click submit
- A confirmation message will display
- You will receive an e-mail when the item is ready to be picked up at the library you have chosen.
Once you make a Library-to-Library Book Delivery request, you can monitor the status of your request at My Account.