Faculty Office Delivery
What is faculty office delivery?
This service allows faculty members to request library materials for delivery to their department mail room or administrative office, Monday through Friday, during regular office hours. Requests may be placed through the catalog and turnaround time is 48 hours. Most materials that circulate for three days or longer from the Ithaca and Geneva libraries may be requested, including books, serials, DVDs, videos, audio recordings and computer disks. There is no charge for this service.
How does it work?
Requests are placed through the library catalog (see instructions below). The library designated as your service provider (usually the one closest to your building) will check out the item to you and deliver it to your department's mail room or administrative office within 48 hours, Monday through Friday, during standard office hours. The Library will notify you when the item has been delivered to your department.
To return items, please bring them back to any library, as you do with other library materials. There is no retrieval service.
Instructions for placing a faculty office delivery request
- Go to the Library Catalog
- Locate the item you would like to request and click the "Request Item" button to the right of the title
- If you are brought to an authentication screen, log in with your NetID and password. If you are already authenticated, you will be brought directly to the request screen.
- Type of Request: choose "Book Delivery Services"
- Pick Up At: choose "Faculty Department Office"
- Enter your department and building address in the comments box at the end of the screen. Submit form.
- You will be notified when the item has been delivered to your mailroom, or if the item cannot be delivered for any reason.