Reactivate a Previous Course’s Reserves
There are two ways to reactivate a previous semester’s reserve items:
- The simplest option is to contact reserves staff at your library and ask us to reactivate your course. Please specify the last time you taught the course and be sure to let us know if there are any items you would like to add or remove from the reserves listing. Depending on the number of new items being added to the course, this option may require extra time for processing by reserves staff.
- You can also reactivate course reserves online via the CUL Reserves Home page. See below for step-by-step instructions.
NOTE: If you will be using electronic reserves (e-books, scanned articles, web links, or streaming video), you must first request a Blackboard site for your course via the Faculty Center.
How to reactivate (clone) items from a previous semester’s reserves list
- Log in to the CUL Reserves Home page using your Cornell NetID. If prompted, select "switch to instructor view" (if you do not see this option, you are probably already viewing as an instructor).
- Under "Main Menu," select "Past Courses".
- Under the "Previous Courses" list, select the course whose items you wish to re-use.
- From the top menu under "Current Course," select "Reactivate/Copy Course"
- Fill in any new information about your course and select the reserve items you wish to use again (the previous course’s items will be listed at the bottom of page), then click "Clone Class." This will send your request for further processing by reserves staff.