All registered graduate students, including those registered In Absentia, have full library privileges.
Graduate students undergoing a change in status are eligible for the following services:
Students on Leave of Absence
- Advanced doctoral students may be eligible for the Library Privilege Program for Advanced Doctoral Students on Leave of Absence:
This program is for doctoral students in good standing who:
- Have completed their A exams but have exhausted their funding guarantees
- Are on an approved leave
- Reside in the Ithaca area
Eligible students may apply for library privileges for up to one year (with renewal possible for up to one additional year) for a fee of $200 per semester. See application form. Grads will retain full graduate student library privileges for the duration of the authorized period.
- Other graduate students who are on leave or are no longer registered may apply for a library privilege card (see below under "all other students")
- Students who have received a degree are eligible for alumni library services, including access to a limited number of electronic databases. For information, see Library Services for Alumni.
All other students
- Students who are no longer registered may be eligible to apply for a library privilege card which provides guest borrowing privileges.
- Graduate students who no longer have borrowing privileges, but who remain in the Ithaca area, may be eligibile to purchase a library privilege card as a local resident. The cost is $25/month or $250/year. Borrowing privileges are good at all libraries, but restrictions apply. For full details about privileges and how to apply, see Guest Borrower privileges.
- New York State residents may apply for a Contract College Privilege Card (no charge). Borrowing privileges are limited to Mann, Vet, ILR, Geneva and Entomology; other restrictions apply. For full information, see the Mann Library web site.
Graduate School, 143 Caldwell Hall, (607) 255-5820
Library Public Services Office, 116 Olin Library, (607) 255-5069, email email@example.com