- Columbia Library borrowing privileges (2CUL)
- Cornell Faculty and Staff
- Cornell Graduate students (registered)
- Cornell Graduate students (undergoing a change in status)
- Cornell Undergraduate students
- Library Card holders (guest borrowers)
- Proxy Borrowers
- Weill Cornell Medical College visitors
- Renewing books
- Returning books
Requesting Cornell-owned materials:
- Recall/Hold - request items that are checked out (see also Borrow Direct as an option)
- Library-to-Library book delivery - request items in other Cornell libraries
- Faculty Office Delivery - request book delivery to faculty department offices
- Library Annex - request Library Annex book delivery to other campus libraries or faculty offices
- Articles from Cornell libraries (Document Delivery - fee may apply)
- Articles from the Library Annex (Document Delivery - no fee)
Requesting items from other institutions:
- Borrow Direct
For Cornell students, faculty and staff. Borrow books that are currently unavailable at Cornell (not owned, checked out, missing, etc.).
- Interlibrary Loan
For Cornell students, faculty and staff. Request books, videos, articles and other materials that Cornell University Library does not own.
- Columbia University Library borrowing (2CUL)
Cornell University Library and Columbia University Libraries (2CUL) have partnered in a reciprocal borrowing program for current students, faculty and staff of each institution.
- Interlibrary Lending for businesses and other institutions, as well as non-Cornell individuals, to request items from Cornell collections (restrictions apply).