Library Communications is responsible for promoting library-wide services and activities, and will consult and help with unit-level outreach efforts as capacity allows. Our services in support of the Library’s strategic priorities include:
- Developing communication plans
- Writing press releases and feature stories
- Arranging media coverage
- Coaching on how to talk to the media
- Producing promotional items and communication pieces
- Graphic design and layout
- Targeted digital marketing
- Library-level social media
- Coordinating and consulting on unit-level social media activities
- Crisis communications.
We also facilitate internal communications by creating or maintaining appropriate channels, developing consistent messages and communication plans, consulting, and by creating and sharing communications best practices.