Cornell students, faculty and staff can check out materials on-site at the thirteen Borrow Direct partner institutions through Borrow Direct Plus: Brown University, University of Chicago, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Stanford University, Yale University, and Cornell University.
Are you visiting Cornell from a Borrow Direct institution?
- Submit your Library Card application.
- Visit the Library Public Services Office in 116 Olin Library, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m.
- Present a government issued photo ID card (passport, driver’s license).
- In order to verify your status, you will be asked to log into your ILLiad login page at your home institution.
Your Cornell Library Card will:
- Be valid for one year from the issuing date.
- Allow physical access and borrowing of circulating books and DVDs at all Cornell libraries.
- Allow you to check out up to twenty items for 8 weeks with one renewal.
- Items can be returned at either Cornell or your home institution’s library.