Below is a list of electronic tools developed by Cornell University Library.
JAbbr is an online tool that helps you quickly decipher journal title abbreviations.
- Type an abbreviation
- JAbbr looks for potential matches among the journal titles in the Library's collections.
- Works for conference proceedings and other serial publications.
CUL New Books lists books, e-books, and other monographs that have recently been added to the Cornell University Library collections.
- Browse the list of new titles by location, language, or subject classification.
- Create RSS feeds for your custom list, which will be updated automatically each month.
Start your research anywhere on the web. Click once to connect to licensed resources.
The off-campus Passkey bookmarklet helps you connect to databases and journals without going through the library web site.
Searching the library catalog for theses and dissertations within a specific department can be tricky. Thesis Tool allows you to choose from a list of academic disciplines, and view the matching items in the library catalog.
- View a list of academic disciplines
- Optionally, limit by library location (e.g. Mann)
- Click the link to view results in the Library Catalog
- Sort the results by date, author, etc.
With just the click of your mouse, LibX gives you access to Cornell University Library's online resources. Highlight a phrase or key word, right click and instantly search the online catalog or Google Scholar to discover Library materials on that subject. This Firefox plugin is much more than a toolbar! It gives users immediate access to online journal articles and more.