Access expanded through new library agreement
Cornellians visiting twelve other universities may borrow materials from those libraries. Under a new agreement, students, faculty and staff from participating institutions have reciprocal borrowing privileges.
Participating in Borrow Direct Plus are Brown University, University of Chicago, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Stanford University, Yale University, and Cornell University.
Cornell faculty, staff and students, check the rules for the institution you are visiting and get a card for Borrow Direct Plus.
Borrow Direct Institutions, consult the information below in order to arrange for on-site borrowing privileges at Cornell University Library.
Where do I go to obtain my borrowing card?
- Please visit the Library Public Services Office in 116 Olin Library. You must get a Cornell University Library Card before you may check out materials at any of our campus libraries. Library Public Service Office hours: Monday through Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 607-255-5069. Library cards will be valid for one year from the issuing date.
What documents must I present to obtain my borrowing card?
- You will be asked to show your institutional ID, and a government issued photo ID card. In order to verify that you are a current student or staff member at your institution, you will be asked to log into your Borrow Direct login page at your home insitution. Students and staff from Duke will be asked to log into their My Library Account.
What libraries at Cornell may I use?
- You have physical access and borrowing privileges at all Cornell libraries. Library locations may be found on the campus map.
Are there any restrictions to the resources or services that I can use?
- The maxiumum number of items that may be checked out on your borrowing account is 20.
- Films on DVD, VHS and Laserdisc and music CDs may not be checked out.
- All materials checked out will circulate for 6 weeks with one renewal. Items can be returned at either Cornell or your home institution's library.