Help for Staff
Cornell University staff are welcome and encouraged to use the resources and services in any of the Cornell libraries.
- The borrowing privileges web page outlines how long materials can be kept after they are checked out of the library.
- Staff can be authorized as a proxy to borrow items in the name of a faculty member.
- Cornell retirees are entitled to Cornell University Library privileges. Your retiree ID is your library card. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 255-5069.
All kinds of materials, in print and online, can be discovered through the main search box on the library homepage.
- In addition to books and journals, other materials such as feature films and documentaries are available, especially in the Olin Library Media Center on the lower level of Olin Library.
- A collection of New & Noteworthy books that can be checked out for two weeks at a time (fiction and non-fiction), is located on the main floor of Olin Library and can easily be browsed by author.
- Many ebooks are available online, full text, through direct links in the catalog. The Overdrive system is also available.
Library staff are available to provide assistance in many ways.