Cornell University staff are welcome and encouraged to use the resources and services in any of the Cornell libraries.
How to use the Library
- The borrowing privileges web page outlines how long materials can be kept after they are checked out of the library.
- Staff can be authorized as a proxy to borrow items in the name of a faculty member.
- Cornell retirees are entitled to Cornell University Library privileges. Your retiree ID is your library card. For more information contact: email@example.com or (607) 255-5069.
How to find library resources
- In addition to books and journals, other materials such as feature films and documentaries are available, especially in the Olin Library Media Center on the lower level of Olin Library.
- A collection of New & Noteworthy books that can be checked out for two weeks at a time (fiction and non-fiction), is located on the main floor of Olin Library and can easily be browsed by author.
- Many ebooks are available online, full text, through direct links in the Library Catalog. The Overdrive system is also available.
Additional help for staff
- Workshops on topics such as genealogy and Photoshop are available at a variety of libraries.
- Each academic department or program has a library liaison who can provide assistance on research projects.
- And if you have questions about any of this, be sure to Ask a Librarian in person, on the phone, via email or online chat.
- CUL Staff Web – please log in